|“||It can be said that humans live by destroying. In the midst of that, your power is kinder than anything else.||”|
—Jotaro Kujo to Josuke Higashikata
Crazy Diamond is humanoid, with a powerful build and tall stature (about two heads above Josuke).
It is clad in tall headgear, part of a mask (occasionally resembling a Corinthian helmet); and armor-like plates on many large surfaces of its body, similar to the armor seen on The World. Cables join the back of its head to its upper back. It bears a heart motif between the top of its head, its chin, shoulders, celiac plexus, belt and knees; with pairs of short spikes protruding from its shoulders and ankles.
Its most common color scheme consists of a bubblegum pink interior and light blue or silver armor.
During his first appearance, it had multiple irides with a ripple-pattern on its eyes, and its "flesh" and armor seemed to be inverted in which layer of it they resided on, giving its "flesh" the appearance of some sort of membrane.
Likely due to Josuke's own gentle yet rough nature, when treating living things, Crazy Diamond will open its hands to gently touch the target, while during urgent moments or repairing inorganic substances, it will strike with its fist.
- Super Strength: Crazy Diamond possesses immense physical strength, having been able to easily punch through the abdomens of two people at once. Its strength matches that of Star Platinum's, having once successfully broken its defense and prompting Jotaro to deem that Star Platinum would have difficulties against Crazy Diamond in a contest of strength.
- Super Speed: Not only is it capable of surprising an on-guard and fully charged Red Hot Chili Pepper, Crazy Diamond can outpace other Stands such as Highway Star in close combat. Josuke estimates that its strikes exceed 300 km/h. It was also able to catch a bullet fired in close proximity to Josuke.
- Precision: According to Jotaro, it can effectively fire off a rifle bullet from its fingers up to 50 to 70 meters when Josuke concentrates.
Thus, Crazy Diamond is a powerful Stand in close-quarter combat whose capabilities are enhanced by its unconventional power of repairing broken items, making it a redoubtable and unpredictable Stand in a fight, but also an invaluable fighting partner as it can effectively heal any wound.
Crazy Diamond's unique ability is to restore or revert objects or organisms to a previous state in their history through touch.
It can repair damage, heal injury, revert chemical changes and complex structures to their raw components (e.g. a table into its constituent timber). It may also fuse objects, such as person with a rock (as with villain Anjuro Katagiri). When restoring a divided object, the user is able to control which part acts as the starting points for the rest to gather towards. Feats of this nature include trapping an enemy by restoring pieces of a broken crate around him; exposing a Stand formerly bound to an object; and tracking by restoring a severed hand, forcing it to seek out and reattach itself to the body from which it was cut off.
If this ability is used while Josuke is in a foul mood, its target may become warped as a result of improper restoration. Crazy Diamond cannot heal its master, cure illnesses (as victims are not considered damaged), retrieve things erased by The Hand, or restore life to an organism.
- Araki designed Crazy Diamond to be deliberately contrasting to Star Platinum's darker color scheme.
- Crazy Diamond's image is seen chalked or painted on a road by a street artist in JJL Chapter 12.
- In JOJO A-GO!GO! (published in 2000), Crazy Diamond is listed as Araki's overall favorite Stand, followed by Sex Pistols and Sticky Fingers.