Let's Go Eat Some Italian Food (イタリア料理を食べに行こう Itaria Ryōri o Tabe ni Ikō) is the eighty-fourth episode of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure anime and the tenth episode of Diamond Is Unbreakable. It covers Chapter 303 through part of Chapter 307 of the manga.
One night, a mysterious figure menacingly cuts up guts with a dog barking in the background. The next day, Josuke and Okuyasu notice a sign of a new restaurant being opened near the graveyard and Okuyasu pesters Josuke into going with him. The restaurant reveals itself to be unusual, being manned by the proprietor and chef, Tonio Trussardi, who also serves dishes according to the customer. He then proceeds to read Okuyasu's left palm, being able to diagnose several ailments with precision. Okuyasu is surprised and Tonio serves them water before leaving, but these strange methods make Josuke suspicious, who advises Okuyasu to be wary of Tonio. Okuyasu drinks the water and is amazed by how good it is and starts crying abnormal quantity of tears, but then announces he feels like he had 10 hours of sleep.
Tonio brings out his first dish, a mozzarella and tomato appetizer, while explaining the tomato-cooking tradition of Italia. At first, Okuyasu finds the appetizer rather plain but Tonio advises he eat the mozzarella with the tomato, seemingly making the dish much more delicious. Soon Okuyasu's shoulder feels itchy and when he takes off his coat, he sees his dead skin being peeled off his shoulder. Despite the unnatural phenomenon, Okuyasu remarks that his stiff shoulder is completely cured, making Josuke even more suspicious.
Tonio brings out his next dish, a spicy spaghetti dish named Spaghetti alla Puttanesca. Tonio leaves, while Okuyasu, despite his aversion to spicy food and Josuke's warnings, cannot resist eating it. Soon his two bad teeth fly out and are replaced with brand new molars. Josuke decides to reduce the spaghetti to its core ingredients to investigate it and sees Pearl Jam flying into the kitchen.
Okuyasu's stomach begins to hurt, prompting Josuke to rush into the kitchen. He sees that the next dish, lamb with applesauce, is done and notices Tonio feeding a dog that same lamb. The dog suddenly spits out its intestines while Tonio sees Josuke and confronts him. Josuke then notices that Okuyasu is eating the lamb and his intestines begin to splatter out of his body too. Tonio menacingly approaches a distracted Josuke but then tells him to go wash his hands with the soap he is holding. Meanwhile, Okuyasu reveals his diarrhea is gone and Josuke notices that the dog is fine too.
Tonio reveals that he is a well-meaning Stand user who only wishes to make the best food, but he is still angered at Josuke for entering the kitchen and bringing germs in. He has Josuke clean the kitchen while he feeds Okuyasu pudding to cure his athlete's foot, much to Okuyasu's happiness.
- A new scene at the beginning with Tonio menacingly slicing up meat.
- Shortened the scene where Okuyasu convinces Josuke to go to the restaurant.
- The scene where Tonio explains why he went to Morioh and how he likes it because he can get fresh produce and seafood is moved to when he first serves Josuke and Okuyasu rather than in the manga where he explains it after Josuke and Okuyasu reveal themselves as Stand users.
- The scene of Jotaro conversing with a member of the Speedwagon Foundation was included much earlier than it was in the manga.
- Okuyasu makes several pop cultural references throughout the episode. He once states that he cried watching the 1979 film, The Champ. On another occasion, while enjoying eating Tonio's mozzarella and tomato appetizer, he compares it to a Simon & Garfunkel Duet, Ucchan and Nanchan, and Asao Takamori's original Ashita no Joe with the Ashita no Joe that Tetsuya Chiba directed.
- STAND CARD(S): Pearl Jam
- MORIOH LANDMARK CARD: Trattoria Trussardi
|Season 1 Episodes|
|Season 2 Episodes|
|Season 3 Episodes|