Rare among Stands, Echoes takes three distinct forms called "ACT"s, which Koichi may call upon alternately.
Echoes' Egg form is not named, but it could be considered ACT0.
Egg Throw: Koichi cannot move his Stand in this form. However, during his battle against Keicho, he simply throws it at him while he is distracted. Nothing results, however, when Keicho intercepts this attack.
It makes an appearance during the battle against Keicho, though immobile and unresponsive to Koichi's command. Keicho becomes defensive, believing that it poses a threat to his father.
Koichi calls on it in his battle against Tamami, during which it develops into ACT1.
Echoes first appears as a large, cracked egg.
Sound Maker: Echoes ACT1 can write anything on any surface or person. If it is an onomatopoeia in Katakana, a sound effect related to that sound will produced. If it is a sentence written in Kanji, the words will echo. The volume of the sounds vary, but will increase the longer the sound is active and reverberates to a person more strongly if the sound is written directly on them.
The effect can be broken with enough willpower, as Yukako dispels the writing that Koichi puts on her.
It has the longest range of all Acts, and can go up to 50 meters from its user.
ACT1 hatched from its egg during Koichi's fight with Tamami, becoming the only version he can access until his confrontation with Yukako.
ACT1 generally resembles a turtle with a beak and a long, patterned tail, and a spike on its head. It has two wheels and two small arms.
It speaks and acts like a child, using nonsensical words and growls. It faithfully meets Koichi's command.
Sound Maker, ACT2: Echoes' second form increases its sound abilities beyond its first form's capabilities. Echoes can write a sound effect on any surface. However, unlike ACT1, it is only able to shoot sound effects from its tail, limiting it to only one sound effect at a time. When the sound effect is touched, an effect related to the sound is produced, either affecting the person who touched it or the object which the words are inscribed on.
- Hyooo (ヒョオオ) - A strong wind is produced.
- Doguon (ドグオン) - The toucher is knocked back a great distance.
- Byoyon (ボョヨオン) - The object becomes elastic and bouncy.
- Jyū (ジュー) - The object radiates heat and will burn upon contact.
- Dorarara (ドラララ) - An attack rush of Crazy Diamond shaped fists attack the enemy (Eyes of Heaven only)
Enhanced Speed: Foreshadowing the speed of ACT3, ACT2 gains a massive increase in speed - fast enough to give the impression of disappearing into air.
During the battle with Yukako, Koichi gains access to Echoes ACT2.
ACT2 takes a more humanoid - though smaller - form. It still has a long tail with a pyramidal tip and shell-like outer areas. It has boots and heart-shaped kneepads. It has a large highcollar fused with shoulder weights with "S2" written on the back.
Unlike ACT1, ACT2 is completely mute with no emotion to speak of.
Unlike Echoes' first two forms, ACT3 does not fly and has a much shorter effective range. However, it is extremely fast.
Sound Maker, ACT3: Same as ACT2's Sound Maker.
3 Freeze (
This effect lasts only if the target remains within 5 meters of ACT3. The closer the target gets, the more weight is added.
Koichi discovers Echoes ACT3 during his first confrontation with Kira.
ACT3 is a completely humanoid Stand with turtle shell-like pieces on its body. It's tail is now more or less a spike protruding from a cloth wrapped around its waist similar to shorts with the number 3 printed on the front.
ACT3 speaks politely when talking to Koichi, following his orders and referring to him as Master. However, he has a tendency to suddenly curse in English, in a manner seemingly inspired by rap music.
In Video Games
Echoes ACT1 appears without his Stand user, Koichi, as one of the ten characters from the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure franchise on the game.
All versions of Echoes appear as Koichi's Stand during gameplay. Different moves correspond to different Stands. A full list can be found here.
- His GHA has ACT1 pelting the victim with a barrage of deafening sounds, ACT2 knocking them high into the air, and ACT3 beating them up with 3 Freeze and inflicting his increased gravity on them, causing them to fall down hard.
- Koichi's HHA is Echoes 3 Freeze, which will make the opponent heavier, temporarily slowing their movement and removing their ability to jump.
- According to JOJOVELLER, ACT1 is based on an alien larva but finally looked like an insect. ACT2 looks like a standing Coypu.
- ↑ Love Deluxe - Vol.14 "Shueisha Jump Remix Diamond is Unbreakable Edition" P86 The origin of STANDS! Part 2