|Namesake||Echoes (Pink Floyd song)|
|Seiyuu||Romi Park (All Star Battle)|
|Destructive Power||E (ACT1) C (ACT2)|
B (ACT3) A (Part 5)
|Speed||E (ACT1) D (ACT2)|
B (ACT3) C (Part 5)
|Range||B (ACT1) B (ACT2)|
C (ACT3) D (Part 5)
|Durability||B (ACT1) B (ACT2)|
B (ACT3) C (Part 5)
|Precision||C (ACT1) C (ACT2)|
C (ACT3) C (Part 5)
|Developmental Potential||A (ACT1) A (ACT2)|
A (ACT3) B (Part 5)
Echoes (エコーズ Ekōzu) is the stand of Koichi Hirose featured in Part IV: Diamond is Unbreakable and the beginning of Part V: Vento Aureo. Unlike most other stands, Echoes has three distinct forms called "Acts", only one of which Koichi can call upon at any given time.
- Manga Debut: Vol. 30 Ch. 279 The Nijimura Brothers (6)
Echoes first appeared as a large egg during the battle against Keicho, with cracks forming around it. Even though it appeared immobile and useless, Keicho believed that it could kill his father, but Echoes abilities were still unknown. Koichi couldn't move the egg. Koichi also called it in the battle against Tamami. This could be considered Echoes ACT0.
- Egg Throw: Even though Koichi couldn't move his stand he still tried his best. In the battle against Keicho he tries to simply throw his stand against a distracted Keicho. This plan doesn't work because Keicho interrupts it before Koichi has the chance to attack.
- Manga Debut: Vol. 31 Ch. 287 Koichi Hirose (Echoes) (4)
Echoes ACT1 hatched from its egg against Tamami. It resembles a flying (though wingless) turtle with a long tail, the tip of which is similar to a pen nub, and a beak surrounded by wheels. It speaks like a child, using nonsensical words and growls, but serves Koichi without fail. This was the first and only version of his stand that Koichi could access, up until the confrontation with Yukako.
- Sound Maker: Echoes can write a sound effect in Katakana on anything, from human flesh to the ground, and have that sound repeat itself over and over with increasing volume. This ability seems to allow it to also transfer words, as Koichi uses it to show his mother he is telling the truth. The effect can be broken with enough willpower, as Yukako dispels the writing that Koichi puts on her. Echoes can shoot sound effects from both its tail and hands.
- Manga Debut: Vol. 32 Ch. 300 Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (7)
During the battle with Yukako, Koichi gained access to Echoes ACT2, which has a more humanoid - though smaller - form. It still has a long tail with a tip like a pen nub, and shell-like outer areas. Unlike the first Act, this one is completely mute.
- Sound Maker, ACT2: Echoes' second form increases its sound abilities beyond its first form's capabilities. When the kana is written on an object now, touching it activates the effect of the sound. For example, if the sound word hyoo ("whoosh") is written, it creates a gust of wind with increasing force. However, unlike ACT1, it is only able to shoot sound effects from its tail and thus can only make one at a time.
- Enhanced Speed: As a foreshadowing of his speed in ACT3, ACT2 gains a massive increase in speed from its first Act. It becomes capable of moving at a speed that gives the impression of it having disappeared into thin air.
- Manga Debut: Vol. 38 Ch. 358 Sheer Heart Attack (5)
Finally, during his first confrontation with Kira, Koichi discovered Echoes ACT3, a completely humanoid stand with turtle shell-like bosses on its body. It has a somewhat independent and foul-mouthed personality and tends to quote Bruce Willis from the movie Die Hard. Unlike the first two Acts, ACT3 cannot fly and has a much shorter acting range. However, it is extremely fast.
- Sound Maker, ACT3: Same as ACT2's Sound Maker.
- Freeze Barrage: ACT3 rapidly punches the opponent, "freezing" them via increasing their weight. It can freeze any given object or living being within 2 meters, at which point the object will suddenly become extremely heavy (it even caused Killer Queen's Sheer Heart Attack to sink into solid pavement).
- Echoes shares some similarities with Dragon Ball's villain Cell; both have 3 forms with the first two forms having a long tail and the 2nd & 3rd having progressive humanoid figures. In fact, Araki based Echoes off Cell and Koichi off Dragon Ball's protagonist at the time, Son Gohan.
- Echoes is the first stand to have ACTS, & is only one of two, the other being Johnny Joestar's Tusk.
|Part III: Stardust Crusaders Stands|
Star Platinum · Magician's Red · Hermit Purple · Hierophant Green · Silver Chariot · The Fool · Holy's Stand · Hermit Purple #2 · Tower of Gray · Dark Blue Moon · Strength · Ebony Devil · Yellow Temperance · Hanged Man · Emperor · Empress · Wheel of Fortune · Justice · Lovers · Sun · Death Thirteen · Judgement · High Priestess · Geb · Khnum · Tohth · Anubis · Bastet · Sethan · Osiris · Horus · Atum · Tenore Sax · Cream · The World
|Part IV: Diamond Is Unbreakable Stands|
|Crazy Diamond · The Hand · Echoes · Star Platinum · Hermit Purple · Heaven's Door · Aqua Necklace · Bad Company · Red Hot Chili Pepper · The Lock · Surface · Love Deluxe · Pearl Jam · Achtung Baby · Ratt · Harvest · Cinderella · Boy II Man · Earth Wind and Fire · Highway Star · Super Fly · Enigma · Cheap Trick · Atom Heart Father · Stray Cat · Killer Queen|
|Part V: Vento Aureo Stands|
|Gold Experience · Sticky Fingers · Aerosmith · Moody Blues · Sex Pistols · Purple Haze · Spice Girl · Echoes · Black Sabbath · Soft Machine · Kraft Work · Little Feet · Man in the Mirror · Mr.President · The Grateful Dead · Beach Boy · Baby Face · White Album · Clash · Talking Head · Notorious B.I.G. · Metallica · Green Day · Oasis · Silver Chariot · Chariot Requiem · King Crimson · Gold Experience Requiem · Rolling Stones|
|Part VIII: JoJolion Stands|
|Soft & Wet · Fun Fun Fun · California King Bed · Paisley Park · Born This Way · Les Feuilles · Nut King Call · Paper Moon · Yotsuyu Yagiyama's Stand · Norisuke Higashikata IV's Stand|
|Part V Stands|
Gold Experience · Sticky Fingers · Aerosmith · Moody Blues · Sex Pistols · Purple Haze · Spice Girl · Echoes · Black Sabbath ·