|“||The gun is mightier than the sword!||”|
—Hol Horse, Chapter 142
Emperor is a Stand in the form of an elaborate, impractical-looking revolver. A metal frame covers the long barrel, under which is positioned a cylinder with no apparent use. It has no sight and a large sphere is embedded in the metal frame between the hammer and the barrel.
Hol Horse summons it directly into his hand.
Araki comments that its design is that of a revolver combined with an automatic pistol.
Emperor is portrayed as being silvery in most media, including the colored manga and anime. The OVA portrays it as being gold in color.
As a gun Stand, Emperor functions as a weapon for Hol Horse. Due to its straightforward nature, Hol Horse must compensate through cooperation with allies to gain the upper hand.
The characteristic ability of Emperor, and its most dangerous, is its ability to freely control the trajectory of its bullets as they are also a part of the Stand.
Hol Horse is able to control the bullets with enough precision that he was able to circle Silver Chariot's sword with no lag time, do a u-turn, and have them navigate through a narrow conduit without seeing them.
One of the lesser properties of Emperor is that Hol Horse summons it directly in his hand. It allows him to perform sneak attacks and in a contest of summoning speed, Hol Horse is able to attack first.
Chapters / Episodes
Chapters in order of appearance
Episodes in order of appearance
- Araki came up with the idea of Emperor by thinking that it'd be novel to have a gun instantly appear in a user's hand, rather than having to draw it from a holster.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 JOJOVELLER: STANDS - Comments by Hirohiko Araki
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Chapter 142, Emperor and Hanged Man (3)
- ↑ Chapter 221, Hol Horse and Boingo (5)
- ↑ Chapter 210, Shooting Dio?!
- ↑ Chapter 219, Hol Horse and Boingo (3)