Emperor is a Stand in the form of an elaborate, impractical looking revolver. A metal frame covers the long barrel under which is positioned a cylinder with no apparent use. It has no sight and a large sphere is embedded in the metal frame between the hammer and the barrel.
Hol Horse summons it directly into his hand.
Araki comments that its design is that of a revolver combined with an automatic pistol.
As a gun Stand, Emperor functions as a weapon for Hol Horse. Due to its straightforward nature, Hol Horse must compensate through cooperation with allies to gain the upper hand.
- Homing Bullets: The characteristic ability of Emperor, and its most dangerous, is its ability to freely control the trajectory of its bullets as they are also a part of the Stand. Hol Horse is able to control the bullets with enough precision that he was able to circle Silver Chariot's sword with no lag time, do a u-turn, and have them navigate through a narrow conduit without seeing them.
- Point-Blank Summon: One of the lesser properties of Emperor is that Hol Horse summons it directly in his hand. It allows him to perform sneak attacks and in a contest of summoning speed, Hol Horse is able to attack first.
- Araki came up with the idea of Emperor by thinking that it'd be novel to have a gun instantly appear in a user's hand, rather than having to draw it from a holster.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 JOJOVELLER: STANDS - Comments by Hirohiko Araki
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Chapter 142, Emperor and Hanged Man (3)
- ↑ Chapter 221, Hol Horse and Boingo (5)
- ↑ Chapter 210, Shooting Dio?!
- ↑ Chapter 219, Hol Horse and Boingo (3)