- The character featured in this article is commonly referred to as "ACDC".
|“||I am "Esidisi of the Flame"! My Mode controls heat!||”|
Esidisi's appearance is that of a tall, dark skinned, and very well-built man. He has light hair, protruding in a bouffant tuft from under a tall headpiece. A dark painted or tattooed X mark spans his face, joined at the bridge of his nose, touching the middle of his forehead and jaw. He commonly wears a nose ring in his right nostril, and great, thick hoop earrings. His brow rests in a sinister scowl.
During his fight with Joseph, his top is bare save for leather-like patches stitched to his skin at his shoulders and chest.
|“||What a piercing gaze you've developed! But when somebody looks at me like that, they're asking to die quickly.||”|
—Esidisi to Joseph
Despite this, Esidisi is very affable and acts calm a majority of the time, tranquilly asserting the situation before taking action. Esidisi never loses sight of his goal, and will always act to get the Red Stone of Aja. However, he has a more violent temper than the others to the point that he has to cry and sob to calm himself down, the abrupt tantrum also serving as an unsettling destabilization tactic.
Esidisi has shown to act dishonorably and deceptively as long as it will bring Kars' goals to fruition, notably when he possesses the defenseless Suzi Q to stall Joseph and the others for some time. However, Joseph notes that this marks a loyal side to Esidisi's personality, in that he is willing to give up his own honor and pride for the success of his friends.
As a Pillar Man or super-being, Esidisi can only be truly killed if his brain is destroyed. If his brain is the only part of him left, he can grow tentacles from it to attach himself on someone else and possess them.
Master Strategist: Despite his violent temper, Esidisi is a brilliant tactician, being able to see through Joseph's deception and even managing to thwart his insidious plans using his own, something no other villain in the series demonstrated. Esidisi also traveled to China and is knowledgeable about Sun Tzu's Art of War, including his theory "all warfare is based on deception".Flame Mode (炎の
- Erratic Blaze King Mode (怪焔王の
流法Kaien'nō no Mōdo?): After entering his Flame Mode, Esidisi extends his blood vessels out of his body and makes them into long, prehensile needles with which he injects his boiling blood into enemies.
- Erratic Blaze King's Giant Cartwheel Prison Mode (怪焔王大車獄の
流法Kaien'nō Daishagoku no Mōdo?): After creating several holes in his back, Esidisi makes a huge spinning jump, while extending his blood vessels out of the newly created holes, similar to a hedgehog's spines. He then attacks using his blood vessels to surround his enemies, giving them little room to escape.
- Self Detonation: As a last resort, Esidisi is able to detonate his own body, in order to cover a wide area with his boiling blood and kill a big group of enemies. Presumably, not even Esidisi himself can survive after performing this attack.
Sometime between the formation of his group and the beginning of his millennia of rest, he and his comrades would travel to Rome and fight a battle against the Ripple users that would end in their victory; how they ended up resting in the wall is unknown.
Esidisi, along with Wamuu and Kars, were discovered by Nazis in Rome. After being awakened by Wamuu, he later appears with him and Kars in pursuit of the Red Stone of Aja held by Lisa Lisa before helping in attacking a Nazi facility and killing Mark, a Nazi Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli befriended. He follows Wamuu when he is taken away by Joseph Joestar in order to protect Caesar and Robert E. O. Speedwagon, foiling Joseph's plans by swallowing the dynamite he had planned to use. In desperation, Joseph bluffs that with only one month of training he could defeat Wamuu. Intrigued, Wamuu and Esidisi both implant a wedding ring inside him, which will kill him if he does not defeat them and take their antidotes within a month. On that note the Pillar Men leave in search for the Red Stone of Aja.
After learning of the whereabouts of the Red Stone of Aja, Esidisi appears on Air Supplena Island and kills Loggins, initiating a fight with Joseph. In his battle with Joseph, despite initially losing an arm, he tries to intimidate his opponent by disabling and countering Joseph's deceptive tactics. Esidisi cuts the hidden string through which Joseph planned to send Ripple energy to hurt him with his boiling hot blood vessels, which he also utilizes to attack Joseph. Seemingly about to defeat Joseph, Esidisi nevertheless falls for Joseph's more sophisticated deception, for Joseph had predicted his actions and employed the Cut and restore rope trick.
His bones and muscles are destroyed but his brain and blood vessels secretly attach to Joseph, before possessing Suzi Q. With her, he takes the Red Stone of Aja and sends it to Kars in Switzerland. Esidisi then turns Suzi Q into a "blood bomb" and tries to stall the Ripple users for as long as he can. However, Joseph and Caesar attack Suzi Q at the same time, their Ripples cancelling each other out and keeping Suzi Q unharmed, but forcing Esidisi out of her body. Esidisi attempts to cling onto Joseph but is shortly finished off by the sunlight.
Esidisi appears as one of the thirteen rivals who challenges the player's party during the RPG-like final battle. His attacks are "Heat Mode" and "Blazing King's Giant Wheel" and his special ability "It's not faaaaair!" boosts his attack power by 1.5 once his health is below 100.
Due to the game's release date being around the time Part 2 only reaching the portion prior to Esidisi's battle against Joseph, only Santana and Esidisi appear as the enemies faced during the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part of the game, leaving out Kars and Wamuu.
Esidisi makes his first appearance as a playable character in the PS3 title; he was confirmed alongside Caesar Zeppeli. In the English release of the game, Esidisi's Flame Mode is renamed "Heat Control Mode".
Since Esidisi never exactly fought extensively in Part 2 (he was only shown fighting Joseph), most of his normal attacks consist of punches and kicks. Along with Wamuu and Kars, Esidisi uses the "Mode" style as part of his moveset, which allows him to temporarily boost his strength and performance among other things, at the cost of the Heart Heat Gauge.
During a fight, Esidisi can use several different attacks that were featured in Battle Tendency.
- Outta the way!: Esidisi delivers an upward kick that send the opponent flying. All of Esidisi's abilities can be performed instantly following this move. (Comboable)
- "Erratic Blaze King" Mode: Esidisi launches his veins out of his fingertips and attacks at medium range. This move is marked with a star. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- To hell with you!: Esidisi launches his veins out of his fingertips at an upward angle, working as an anti-air. While Heat Control or Erratic Blaze King Mode is active, the attack is capable of also hitting an opponent standing right in front of him. The move is marked with a star. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- Simmer like a stew!: If a move marked with a star lands, this move becomes available as a follow-up. Esidisi pumps his opponent full of his boiling-hot blood, causing them to explode.
- Erratic Blaze King - Wheel of Pain: Esidisi somersaults into the air before unleashing veins from all over his body to down the opponent. The attack's position and direction changes depending on the attack button inputted. If Medium is inputted, it becomes a middle attack that can only be blocked if the opponent is not crouching.
- I can read you like a book!: Esidisi sends veins from his feet across the ground in a low attack. If it connects, the opponent is stunned and pulled toward him, leaving them open to attack. (Comboable)
- Blood like lava: Esidisi fires off his flaming blood in ball-like projectiles. Range is increased depending on button input. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- I can't take it anymore!: A counter. Esidisi begins to quietly weep, and if the opponent hits him with a non-HHA/GHA attack, he'll openly bawl, restoring half a bar of his HHG while his opponent loses half of theirs.
- Throw - How's this?!: Esidisi picks his opponent up by the neck and hurls them into the ground.
By spending his Heart Heat Gauge, Esidisi can activate Heat Control Mode in order to not only increase the overall damage and hit number of his moves, but exclusive to him, make all attacks involving his veins and blood set the opponent on fire and take gradual damage. This mode lasts until the HHG empties, but can be extended through dealing or taking damage, as well as ended at any time in conservation.
Expending a stock of the HHG grants Esidisi access to Erratic Blaze King Mode, rapidly damaging the opponent if they are too close to him with the heat alone, though they can recover the lost health if they do not take direct damage for too long. This mode is on a set timer, and will end when the stock is used up.
Esidisi's HHA, "Think fast!" is the fire-powered kick he used to murder Loggins. If the kick connects, it will hit the opponent in the abdomen, making them go limp. Using the other leg, Esidisi sends the opponent off in a roudhouse-style jump kick. The HHA replenishes a small amount of Esidisi's health on success, having drained the opponent's blood during the initial kick. Esidisi may perform his HHA while Erratic Blaze King Mode is active, regardless of how much of the Heart Heat Gauge he has left. Doing so however, will drop his HHG to zero.
Esidisi's GHA attack, "Burned to a crisp!", is the same move he attempted to use on Joseph Joestar to finish him off. While the move was never followed through in the source, the game shows it in full; Esidisi sends out most of his veins, and if they hit the opponent, the veins will enter their body before he violently pumps them with boiling-hot blood. The opponent is incinerated from the inside-out as an explosion occurs.
When Retired with an attack that does not result in a hard knockdown or blow-back, Esidisi's brain will tear itself out of his body before evaporating, referencing his demise in the series. When caught in Jolyne's "The best angle to strike from!" move, Esidisi performs the same pose as when he was caught by Joseph's own string trap in the manga.
Naturally, Esidisi shares special introductions with the entire cast of Part 2.
Esidisi appears as one of the Part 2 characters who possess a Metal Striker, and also as the one of the bosses faced in the events for the Part 2 Story Mode.
His FINISH move makes several of his Blood Vessels appear and attack the defeated opponent's Metal Striker.
Esidisi returns as a playable character in Eyes of Heaven, he was confirmed alongside the other Pillar Men, Kars and Wamuu.
If paired against Avdol the two will note their similar abilities.
In an interaction with Old Joseph, Esidisi seems to be able to detect Joseph's Stand with Joseph believing that Esidisi senses the Stand Energy from his body.
Unlike the previous game, Esidisi's main color scheme is now based off his appearance in the anime.
He is paired with Mariah in the Eyes of Heaven Tournament, defeating Rudol von Stroheim and Okuyasu Nijimura in the first round, and Narancia Ghirga and Diego Brando in the second. In the semifinals, they were eliminated by Jotaro Kujo and DIO in the first round.
- By appearing in the 1988 NES game Famicom Jump: Hero Retsuden, Esidisi is one of the first JoJo antagonists to be featured in any interactive media alongside Santana, predating even DIO whose own video game debut was in 1993, in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (SNES).
|Battle Tendency Characters|