Famicom Jump: Hero Retsuden (ファミコンジャンプ 英雄列伝, Famikon Janpu Hīrō Retsuden, "Famicom Jump: History of Heroes") is an action role-playing game produced by Bandai in 1988 for the NES. Created to commemorate Weekly Jump's 20th anniversary, the game is a crossover of 16 different Jump titles, including JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. The player takes on the role of a young Jump reader who is transported into the magazine's universe in order to save it from a group of villains led by the Evil King Piccolo (from Dragon Ball). Only aspects of the game relating to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure will be covered in this article.
JoJo characters in the game
- Joseph Joestar: Joseph (Part 2) is one of the sixteen heroes who joins the player's party. He can be recruited by going to the historic ruins in Area 4. He has two attacks: the short-range "Ripple Punch" and the long-range "Clacker Volley." Visiting the library in Area 4's southern cross section with him in your party will allow him to master the Ripple. Another powerup is received upon clearing a minigame created by the "Otogi Machine" in Area 4's southern cross section.
- Santana: The boss of Area 4. The player fights him as Joseph in a one-on-one fighting game-style battle utilizing the Ripple.
- Esidisi: One of the thirteen rivals who challenges the player's party during the RPG-like final battle. His attacks are "Heat Mode" and "Blazing King's Giant Wheel" and his special ability "It's not faaaaair!" boosts his attack power by 1.5 once his health is below 100.
- Erina Joestar: Appears in Area 3 at the port town, after beating the area's boss.
- Robert E. O. Speedwagon: Appears in Area 4, next to a vending machine.
Other JoJo aspects of the game
- Red Stone of Aja: Received as a prize in Indy Town after winning with a tuned-up race car. Equipping Joseph with it gives him a powerup.
- Nazi's Shelter: Only accessible with Joseph in the player's party. The final section of Area 4, where the player fights Santana.
- Famicom Jump: Hero Retsuden marks the debut of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure franchise on a video-game.
- When the game was released, Part 2 had only reached up to Esidisi's battle against Joseph in the manga. Thus, only Santana and Esidisi appear as the enemies faced during the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part of the game, without Kars and Wamuu.
|JoJo only video games|
|Jump video games|