|Romanized Name||Midori-iro no Aka-chan|
|Stand||Green, Green Grass of Home|
|Age||Less than a year|
|Date of Death||2012|
|Blood Type||Similar to Dio's but acidic|
|Manga Debut||Vol. 72 Ch. 671|
Birth Of The "Green" (2)
|Final Appearance||Vol. 74 Ch. 689|
New Moon, New Priest!
A strange creature, the Green Baby was born from Dio's Bone after Sports Max's stand was used on it. At first, the strange thing infected others via bone contact, those infected seek out the sun and slowly germinate into a plant-like hybrid, thirty eight people in total were infected. Even then, the bone could only move by sheer force of will, controlling plants to ride on its host's back seeking to infect others. It was during this time that the gang: composed of Jolyne, Annasui and Foo Fighters, came across the bone. When Jolyne foolishly tried to stop the bone carrier, a random infected person, she herself became infected due to the nature of her stand being a part of her. It wasn't until much later when she exhibited signs of being infected that Annasui determined that this flower will only bloom from sunlight. Only the infected Jolyne set out to recover the shell in which the green baby was encased. However, soon after D&G's stand Yo-Yo Ma ate the shell that held the Green Child, forcing Annasui and Jolyne to join Foo Fighters when she started to kill D&G. After D&G died, the Green Child was born, stopping the spread of Jolyne's plant infection. They met with the Green Child and were forced to face it. Unable to get close due to its abilities, Jolyne tries to jump to get to it but is attacked by its stand. After a carefully thought out plan, they are able to trap the stand within a bottle and force the baby to stop attacking. However, the child rolls the bottle while they are still microscopic and the group is nearly crushed. It is at that moment that the child sees Jolyne's birth-mark and stops its attacks. Later, an enraged Pucci attacks them and severely wounds them before escaping with the child.
It is shown to be curious towards anything it comes across as it is newly born.
- Those infected be the Green Baby's spore often say 'rero-rero', as Noriaki Kakyoin often did while eating cherries.
- The child resembles the classic idea of a homunculus; including the small size, being born from the master's flesh (in this case Dio's bone) and the few remains it absorbed as a plant.
- It seem while incubating inside D&G's stand, Yo-Yo Ma gained similar acidic properties or strengthened its current powers.
- At the age of less than one year, the green baby is the youngest stand user in the entire series and one of the only 3 infant stand users in the series, joined by Mannish Boy and Shizuka Joestar.
- Curiously enough, the bone from which it was resurrected actually belongs to the body of Jonathan Joestar which Dio took over. How Pucci was influenced by Dio from the baby is not explained.
|Part VI Characters|
Jolyne Cujoh ·Jotaro Kujo · Ermes Costello · Gloria Costello · Emporio Alniño · F.F. · Weather Report · Narciso Anasui · Romeo Jisso ·