The Green Dolphin Street Prison (グリーン・ドルフィン・ストリート刑務所 Gurīn Dorufin Sutorīto Keimusho), also known as The Aquarium, is the main setting of the first part of Stone Ocean. It appears to be a unisex prison, though the genders are separated by dorms.
DescriptionLocated in the United States in Port St. Lucie, Florida, Green Dolphin Street Prison is a maximum security prison facility, unique in the fact that it is built offshore on an island, preventing its detainees from ever escaping to the mainland. Because of this, it is also known as "The Aquarium." While such a concept for a detainment facility has been used before the introduction of Green Dolphin Street, the prison boasts a large property area, and due to the rather rough and humid Florida environment and ecosystem, as well as the well-equipped and funded facility, the detainees will not find escape possible.
The prison represents an ideal containment center focusing on the importance of freedom and equality. Prisoners are allowed to walk around the campus and commit to their own activities within the allowed areas. Privileges, such as the use of the phone, taking a shower, reading a book, and watching TV are permitted, and even further privileges, such as work and an integrated university for studying are present. Money earned through said work can be used to purchase bonus vanity items and decorations at a gift shop. However, the prison does have various restrictions, such as the prohibition of metallic objects. Prisoners must also shave their heads and follow curfew, though this can be bypassed by bribing the barber and, sometimes, the guards.
Ultra Security House Unit
The Ultra Security House Unit (特別懲罰隔離房棟) is a separate section of the prison designed to isolate prisoners who are unable to coexist with the rest. This includes those who are in need of protection, child murderers, and prisoners who are prone to violence or frequently try to escape. The facility is located on the southern section of the Men's exercise ground, situated 520 meters away from the Women's ward.
- Loccobarocco (Prison Manager)
- Enrico Pucci (Head Chaplain)
- Miuccia Miuller (Corrections Captain)
- Viviano Westwood (Corrections Officer)
- Sonny Likir (Corrections Officer)
- Unnamed Prison Barber (Prison Barber)
|Foo Fighters||FE39423 (from Atroe's corpse)|
|D an G||ME14067|
- The prison is named after the song On Green Dolphin Street, composed by Bronisław Kaper with lyrics by Ned Washington.
- Emporio Alniño was born inside the prison, but is not an inmate himself.
- Jolyne Cujoh refers to the prison as a "stone ocean", a play on words referring to its nickname The Aquarium, giving rise to both Part 6' title and how she derives her Stand's name.
- Although Green Dolphin Street is technically a prison, its branding and inmate uniforms feature the name "G.D. st JAIL".