Hierophant Green (
Hierophant Green appears humanoid, but has robotic features and light-colored armour textured similarly to that of a cantaloupe. Despite it's emotionless face, it seems to have a human-looking mouth underneath its mask. The exterior features sport a light color (as seen in the anime and video game). The composition of this Stand isn't solid; instead, it is a lengthy coil that can unravel at a moment's notice.
Whenever the green appendages glow, the Stand is priming for an attack, such as Emerald Splash. It is only slightly taller than Kakyoin himself, though it can stretch itself to great lengths. This Stand appears to not have a personality, serving Kakyoin without hesitation or question; although Kakyoin mentions it hates wide open spaces, such a trait is never shown. It represents the Tarot Card The Hierophant, which represents the bridge between heaven and Earth, relating to the Stand's long range abilities.
Hierophant Green is the very first Long-Range Stand shown in the series, and it has a large amount of abilities to assist it in combat and scouting. However, the Stand is relatively weak in direct hand-to-hand combat, as a trade-off for its great distance-based abilities.
- Coiled Body: As Hierophant Green's original appearance is not humanoid, but instead just a group of connected membranes, it is able to unravel itself into multiple long strings for multiple puposes such as acting like ropes avoid damage without hurting Kakyoin himself (as shown in the battle against Death Thirteen), weave out a network of sensitive strings that detects the enemy's movements, as during the battle with DIO. As such Kakyoin can control how Hierophant Green unravels, creating strong ropes or unraveling them into invisible strings. A single string has the ability to sense when someone is touching it and can attack either automatically or at Kakyoin's command. When a string is broken, Kakyoin is unharmed but attacking a sufficient number of them or Hierophant Green's main body will harm him.
- Marionette Control: Hierophant Green's most unusual ability, by extending its coils and sliding them into a person, Kakyoin is able to control that person. Hierophant Green is also capable of sliding into a normal person's body, allowing Kakyoin complete control of the person. This serves to protect Hierophant Green from attacks if he targets someone unwilling to harm the innocent. Additionally, he can completely destroy the controlled being's air passage as he emerges, as well as the host's internal organs. When this ability is first used, Kakyoin is shown holding a marionette by the strings, but it is unknown if this is actually part of the ability, or just for dramatic effect.
- Emerald Splash (エメラルドスプラッシュ Emerarudo Supurasshu?): Hierophant Green's most powerful ability. It gathers energy into its body, causing it to glow bright green, before firing off a large amount of energy which takes the form of emeralds. The blast's range and shotgun-like dispersion, along with its incredible destructive power and high speed, make Hierophant Green an extremely capable combatant. Before the blast is fired, a green slime-like material covers Hierophant Green's hands, a byproduct of the large amount of energy the attack is giving off. Interestingly, it seems that though this blast is extremely powerful, it is extremely taxing on neither Kakyoin nor Hierophant Green.
- For the duration of its introductory chapters while under DIO's influence, Kakyoin refers to his Stand as "Hierophant Emerald" (ハイエロファントエメラルド Haierofanto Emerarudo?). This may have been the Stand's original name. It is only rechristened "Hierophant Green" when the Joestar party's ensemble of Stands are presented after Avdol names Jotaro's Stand.
- ↑ Chapter 123: Tower of Gray
- ↑ Chapter 152, Wheel of Fortune Part 3
- ↑ Chapter 252, DIO's World Part 5
- ↑ Chapter 173, Death XIII Part 6
- ↑ Chapter 253, DIO's World Part 7
- ↑ Chapter 118, Noriaki Kakyoin Part 1
- ↑ Chapter 119, Noriaki Kakyoin Part 2