Diamond is Unbreakable
|The Higashikata Family|
JoJolionBetween Steel Ball Run and JoJolion a new, complex Higashikata family tree emerges. The first Higashikata featured is Norisuke Higashikata, a mature Japanese man who competes in the Steel Ball Run race.
This Higashikata family follows a tradition whereby the eldest son of each generation changes his birth name to "Norisuke", possibly when he fathers a son himself or when the previous Norisuke passes away, as seen in the case where Jobin Higashikata has not taken up the name "Norisuke V".
The family tree as revealed in JoJolion lists its members from right to left from eldest child to youngest child. Interestingly, the names of the siblings of each "Norisuke" in each generation are not revealed in the family tree. The tree also demonstrates a bloodline connection to the (SBR Universe) Joestar Family through Rina Higashikata, intertwining the two families.
|Steel Ball Run Universe|
|Norisuke I||Rina||Norisuke IV||Kaato||Jobin|
Norisuke Higashikata I
|Daughter||Daughter||Norisuke Higashikata II|
|Daughter||Norisuke Higashikata III|
Norisuke Higashikata IV
- All Stand users from Steel Ball Run universe's Higashikata Family use a Stand whose name contains the word "King".
- Norisuke Higashikata IV: King Nothing
- Jobin Higashikata: Speed King
- Hato Higashikata: Walking Heart
- Joshu Higashikata: Nut King Call
- Daiya Higashikata: California King Bed
- Tsurugi Higashikata: Paper Moon King
- All men in the family (excluding Tsurugi) also have their given name start with the kanji Jō (常).