JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Shooters (ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 スターダストシューターズ JoJo no Kimyō na Bōken Sutādasuto Shūtāzu) is a free IOS/Android game released in 2014 exclusively for Japan. The game is a mobile spin-off of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle and focuses on the first three parts of the series: Phantom Blood , Battle Tendency, and Stardust Crusaders. As of December 2015, Diamond Is Unbreakable elements have been added to the game.
The game uses the touchscreen as the main form of interaction, allowing the player to input commands using their fingers. Combat against enemies is done using Medal, particularly "Striker" Medals, each of which represents one character and their ability set. Like some card battler games, players must take into account a medal's available health and special attacks as well as take advantage of combo systems that will chain stronger attacks together.
Medal Strikers also possess different colors, each color has an advantage and a disadvantage over specific others (Red has an advantage over Green, Green over Blue, and Blue over Red. Yellow and Black Strikers have advantages and disadvantages against each other).
In addition to battle segments, Stardust Shooters includes animated sequences and character models featuring the entire JoJo cast from all three parts.
Characters and FINISH Moves
The game contains characters seen in the first three Parts of the series. Every character can be selected as one of the main party, containing a total up to 5 characters (4 at the beginning of the match and 1 for backup).
Every character possesses a special Finish animation when defeating an enemy (Most of these Finish moves are based off of a character's special attacks seen throughout the manga storyline, or some other notable action). The list below contains every character in the game and their special Finish move:
- Jonathan Joestar (Punches similar to those unleashed in his Sunlight Yellow Overdrive special)
- Will A. Zeppeli (Several Ripple Cutter shots)
- Speedwagon (His bowler hat thrown as a boomerang)
- Dire (Thunder Cross Split Attack)
- Dio Brando [Young] (A punch followed by a fingerprint in the eye)
- Dio Brando [Vampire] (Bloodsucking through his fingers)
- Tarkus (A chain that envelops the enemy and stretches them)
- Bruford (A slash dealt by his sword being held by his hair)
- Jack the Ripper (A cut made with his knife)
- Wang Chan (Several cuts by his poison claws)
- The frog from Zeppeli's first demonstration of the Ripple (It only appears as a support Medal to evolve others characters' Strikers)
- Joseph Joestar (A combo with his Clackers)
- Caesar Zeppeli (Several Bubble Cutter shots)
- Lisa Lisa
- Stroheim (Several shots from his torso-machine gun)
- Speedwagon [Old] (A simple 'hit' effect appears on the enemy)
- Kars (Several cuts made by his Lightblades)
- Wamuu (Spins his wired headgear)
- Esidisi (Several attacks by his blood vessels)
- Santana (Several bullets shot from his fingers)
- Wired Beck
- Nazi Gatekeepers (Several shots from their rifles)
- Straizo [Vampire] (Opponent loses a tooth)
- Brass Knuckle Guy (A straight punch using his brass knuckles)
- Kars' Zombie Servants
(A majority of Finish moves are done by each individual's Stand)
- Jotaro Kujo and Star Platinum (Several "ORAORAORA" punches)
- Old Joseph and Hermit Purple (Hermit Purple captures the opponent and Joseph transfers pulses of Ripple energy through it)
- Muhammad Avdol and Magician's Red (A fiery explosion)
- Noriaki Kakyoin and Hierophant Green (Emerald Splash)
- Jean Pierre Polnareff and Silver Chariot (Several cuts done by Silver Chariot's sword)
- Iggy and The Fool (A dash attack delivered by The Fool)
- Gray Fly and Tower of Gray (Tower of Gray's tongue attack)
- Impostor Captain Tennille and Dark Blue Moon (Several barnacles created by Dark Blue Moon infect the opponent)
- Forever and Strength (The fan that was on the ship flies and cuts the opponent)
- Devo and Ebony Devil (Ebony Devil's puppet form jumps and stabs the opponent, spear in hand)
- Rubber Soul and Yellow Temperance (The enemy is enveloped by Yellow Temperance, which eats and damages them)
- Hol Horse and Emperor (Several bullets from Emperor)
- J. Geil and Hanged Man (Broken glass allows Hanged Man to appear and cut the opponent)
- ZZ and Wheel of Fortune
- Enya Geil and Justice (Several corpses controlled by Justice attack the opponent)
- Steely Dan and Lovers (Dan himself smashes the opponent with a rock)
- Arabia Fats and Sun (The Sun burns the opponent)
- Mannish Boy and Death Thirteen (Death Thirteen cuts the opponent with its scythe)
- Cameo and Judgement (Judgement appears and attacks the opponent)
- Midler and High Priestess (High Priestess scratches the opponent)
- Mariah (Several metallic objects attack the opponent, followed by a car)
- Shadow Dio (His hair creates buds and attacks the opponent)
- Josuke Higashikata and Crazy Diamond (barrage of "DORARARA" punches)
- Koichi Hirose
- Jotaro Kujo (Part 4)
- Okuyasu Nijimura
- Rohan Kishibe
- Elderly Joseph Joestar
- Yukako Yamagishi
- Shigekiyo Yangu
- Reimi Sugimoto
- Anjuro Katagiri
- Keicho Nijimura
- Tamami Kobayashi
- Toshikazu Hazamada
- Tonio Trussardi
- Yuya Fungami
- Shizuka Joestar
- Akira Otoishi
- Aya Tsuji
- Yoshihiro Kira
- Ken Oyanagi
- Mikitaka Hazekura
- Toyohiro Kanedaichi
- Stray Cat
- Terunosuke Miyamoto
- Masazo Kinoto
- Yoshikage Kira
- ''Kosaku Kawajiri''
- Characters such as Jotaro and Avdol were recolored to match their color schemes from the anime.
- This is the first game to have minor characters, such as Wired Beck, Loggins, Messina, and Gray Fly playable.
- After the anime's debut, the game received an upgrade, which allowed the players to use Metal Strikes based on the anime's artstyle; all the main heroes (except Iggy) and Shadow Dio received one.
- The heroes' Stands' visuals during Finishing Moves were altered as well.
- During the game's loading and installation screens, special animations such as Joseph's running away and Jotaro's walking animation from All-Star Battle are featured.
- Originally, if the loading screen icon was tapped, Iggy would fart in Polnareff's face. This has been updated to Josuke getting angry as he combs his hair.
- When a Leader Medal evolves into a Level 3 Medal Striker, a second special ability can be used during battles. Some of these abilities briefly reproduce 3D animations seen in All-Star Battle. These animations include:
- Jonathan using his Scarlet Overdrive skill.
- Dio Brando (Vampire) using his HHA, Space Ripper Stingy Eyes.
- Joseph Joestar using his HHA, "This means war!".
- Wamuu using his HHA, "Fighting Technique: Holy Sandstorm!".
|JoJo video games|
|Jump video games|