Jolyne, Fly High with GUCCI (徐倫、GUCCIで飛ぶ Jorīn, Gutchi de tobu) is a full-color one-shot manga featured in the February 2013 issue of Shueisha's women's fashion magazine, Spur on December 22, 2012. It is the second JoJo-related one-shot published in Spur.
The one-shot was made in collaboration with creative director Frida GianniniW of GucciW and was inspired by her 2013 Cruise collection.
Jolyne, Fly High with GUCCI features the protagonist of Stone Ocean, Jolyne Cujoh; as well as several characters from Vento Aureo. The story is set in an independent continuity which contradicts the event of the series.
The story starts in a airport, where Jolyne is waiting for a plane for Tokyo. Ten days beforehand, her mother died from a illness. Jolyne is later seen thinking about how her mother had her clothing tailored to fit Jolyne before she died.
Then, Jolyne turns to see a small blue unicorn looking at her, with three men close by. Two of the men, Bucciarati and Abbacchio, are government agents. The other, Polpo, is a citizen who has lost a pet.
Bucciarati says that the animal is very important to the government and asks to search Jolyne. When she refuses, Bucciarati looks at surveillance footage where Jolyne is seen with the pet, shown to be the unicorn she saw earlier. The unicorn is bleeding, and Bucciarati warns Polpo about the consequences of potentially harming it. Then, Jolyne is seen kneeling down in front of the camera. When she gets up, the unicorn has disappeared.
Bucciarati corners Jolyne, telling her to hand it over or be arrested. Jolyne, confused and in tears, still refuses, saying that it would be all alone in a strange country. When Bucciarati goes to apprehend her, he notices the unicorn on her scarf.
Passing out of view under Bucciarati's tablet computer, the unicorn emerges in the appearance of a white, adult unicorn. Jolyne concludes that she is dreaming, but that the dream is a message of hope, and that it is "power".
- The cover of the SPUR issue that the one-shot is included in is also designed by Araki. It features Dutch model, Svea Kloosterhof loosely emulating Jolyne's style, presented next to a zipper Araki drew inspired by the Sticky Fingers Album.
- This is Araki’s second work in a women’s fashion magazine. The manga details were provided in the November issue of Spur.
- ↑ 「ジョジョ」が全世界70店舗超のGUCCI直営店ウィンドウに
- ↑ JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Creator's Gucci Collaboration Goes Global
- ↑ JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Jolyne and Gucci Collboration
|Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan|
|Under Execution Under Jailbreak|
|Earlier works by Araki|
|Other short stories|