JORGE JOESTAR (ジョージ・ジョースター Jōji Jōsutā?) is a novel written and illustrated by Otaro Maijo. The cover was drawn by Hirohiko Araki. It was released as part of the special JoJo 25th anniversary project "VS JOJO."
After Jonathan's death, his son, George Joestar II (Jorge Joestar) travels with Erina to the Canary Islands in Spain on the island of La Palma. There, he pledges his love to Lisa Lisa and eventually grows up to become a World War I Air Pilot.
In another story, kid detective Joji Joestar sets out on a bizarre quest to fix the space-time continuum after it's ruptured from Made in Heaven resetting the world 36 times.
- The information below derives from a source not written by Araki. As such, it may or may not be considered canon.
The odd-numbered chapters of the story tells of how Jorge, Lisa Lisa, and another girl grew up together, eventually leading to Jorge joining the Royal Air Force and marrying Elizabeth. Their wedding ends prematurely due to a zombie invasion, but after the universal reset, everything is brought back to normal.
The other chapters, however, are another story altogether and considered the true story of the novel. Set in the 20th century after Made In Heaven resets the world exactly thirty-six times, it focuses on kid detective Joji Joestar who, while investigating a recent incident, comes across and meets up with the original ("Universe-J") Giorno and Rohan. Giorno has survived due to his Stand Gold Experience Requiem nullifying the effects, while Rohan survives by being too preoccupied with his manga to realize Made In Heaven was activated. They learn about the world's resets, resulting in various and random changes going through-out the individual parts of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, but in each edition of the world in Battle Tendency, the plot remained consistent: specifically, 36 versions of Kars became the Ultimate Lifeform and now live on Mars and the Universe-J Kars has become a guardian of human life. There was also one rendition of Steel Ball Run, resulting in the creation of the Funny Valentines.
Joji goes out to fix the universes with Universe-J Giorno and Rohan alongside an alternate universe Passione and one of the alternate universes of Part 4, in which the Nijimura brothers Okuyasu and Keicho (now known as Muryotaisu and Fukashigi respectively) have pipe-shaped hair styles and Koichi is of regular height (now known as Koji). Along the way, they eventually reach space, and call upon the thirty-six Kars for assistance. Universe-J Kars uses a chance encounter with Yoshikage Kira to obtain the use of Killer Queen by convincing it over to his side. Then, using Bites the Dust, Universe-J Kars not only completely resets the world, forcing it to become Universe-J again, but also obtains Made in Heaven Requiem in the process. It all ends with the Universe J-Kars' complete reset at the wedding of Jorge and Elizabeth.
All the Stands from the alternate universe the characters are currently in are named after movies, instead of music. However, King Crimson and Killer Queen remain the same namewise and there is a Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. There are also three new types of Stand-like abilities that are not truly Stands:
- Wounds (ウゥンド Wundo) are created from repeated damage to the mind and body, are less controllable than Stands are, and tend to serve a purpose of stopping the user's source of pain.
- Bounds (バウンド Baundo) are forces taken directly from the environment that the user manipulates.
- And Beyonds (ビヨンド Biyondo) are, as their name implies, abilities that extend beyond time and space.
Jorge Joestar is an eleven year old boy living on La Palma with his mother, Erina, and Elizabeth Straizo (also known as Lisa Lisa). Jorge recalls the countless times he's been bullied by his Spaniard classmates, including how they just tried to shove dog waste in his mouth as he was on his way home from school. Luckily, Lisa Lisa was always there to save him and constantly beat up Antonio Torres, the boy who led the gang of bullies.
Jorge cries when he returns home and Erina gives him a stern talk. He discovers that Lisa Lisa will be leaving them to go live in Italy with her adopted father Straizo, when she turns twelve. While Jorge refuses to accept it at first, a strong speech from Erina and seeing Lisa Lisa cry for the first time convinces him to be brave. He becomes determined to stand up to his bullies and beat them up on his own. The next morning, Jorge tries to avoid Antonio's gang so he goes to school very early and hides in a storage room. He soon discovers his plan was for naught, as when he goes to class, he is immediately interrogated by Julio, one of his bullies. Antonio was murdered that morning, and Julio was accusing either Jorge or Lisa Lisa to be the suspect because both of them had left their house early, and Lisa Lisa wasn't at school yet. As Julio continues to harass Jorge, their teacher, Mr.Hernandez, enters the room and tells Julio and the other bullies of Jorge to be ashamed of themselves. Julio reveals that Antonio died by being crushed to death, leaving him flat as a sheet of skin with no blood, no muscle, and no bones.
Tsukumojuku Kato, Jorge's only Asian classmate, suddenly enters the room. He was a child detective, and had been eavesdropping on the conversation. Declaring that he had already solved the case, he brings out Antonio's "corpse". The sheet of skin was a work of art by Antonio's mother, Maria Torres, who carefully peeled off pieces of her son's skin to make This Year's Antonio. She had been making one a year since Antonio was a baby, and thus his body would adapt to the loss of skin by speeding up his skin cell production three days before Maria's customary skinning day. Jorge ponders whether the real Antonio is still alive and Tsukumojuku opens the door, telling the person standing there to enter. Although the person looked like Antonio, Jorge could tell he was actually dead.
Lisa Lisa steps out of Antonio's skin and introduces herself to the class. She says the person who murdered Antonio is nearby, and Lisa Lisa had worn his skin to lure the murderer to the police. Lisa Lisa describes four rules that her classmates must follow in order to stay safe, warning them that they must be home before sundown, and need to stay there with their doors and windows shut until sunrise. Tsukumojuku then states that Lisa Lisa's plan had worked, and the sunlight-hating killer was already in the school. Jorge notices that the hallway had turned dark and gloomy, before spotting Mr. Hernandez close the curtains. Lisa Lisa reveals that since she was a baby, she had special breathing powers like her adopted father and Jorge's father. As Mr. Hernandez clutches the last curtain, he is killed by the sunlight and his body crumbles into dust. Jorge states that Mr. Hernandez had been human while he was with them in class, so he must have been turned into that creature by the murderer of Antonio, who had forced him to close the curtains.
Lisa Lisa, Jorge, and Tsukumojuku walk down the hall and are confronted by a man who looks like Antonio, standing on the ceiling. The man's name is Alejandro Torres, and he asks if they've seen his son. Alejandro had already eaten Antonio in the morning but then heard he went to school afterwards. Lisa Lisa argues with the man and he decides to kill her, but is destroyed by Lisa Lisa's Indigo Blue Overdrive. As an attempt to be brave, Jorge unexpectedly runs in front of her at that moment to Lisa Lisa's surprise, and is also knocked out by the attack. Jorge wakes up the next morning on his bed and talks to Straizo, who explains that the remains of Antonio and Alejandro had been cleaned up, and other monsters on the island were destroyed. Jorge asks if he has a power like Lisa Lisa's, but realizes he doesn't want it because he would be too scared to fight. Straizo cheers him up, and says he was brave enough to act in the fight against Alejandro.
Tsukumojuku soon comes to visit Jorge and the two become best friends. Tsukumojuku talks about how he had a Beyond, but it abandoned him. Jorge just thinks he's delusional. When it is time for Lisa Lisa to leave, she jokes about marrying Jorge and they both say they love each other. For the next four years, Tsukumojuku and Jorge go on detective adventures and solve many mysteries. When he turns 15, Tsukumojuku has to go back to Japan and Jorge cries a lot about being alone. Jorge declares that he would come to Japan in the future and they could go solve more mysteries. However, two months later, the boat Tsukumojuku had left on is found at the bottom of the sea by the army.
Chapter 2: Nishi Akatsuki
Chapter 4: Morioh
FIVE: The Box
Chapter 6: The Island
Chapter 8: Nero Nero Island
Chapter 10: The H.G. Wells
Chapter 12: Rhinoceros Beetle
THIRTEEN: The Enemy
Chapter 14: Desolation Row
Chapter 16: Beyond II
- Jorge Joestar (ジョージ・ジョースター Jōji Jōsutā): Otherwise known as George Joestar II. His story remains the same, although he grows up on the Spanish island of La Palma, and thus goes by the name "Jorge" instead of "George".
- Joji Joestar (城字・ジョースター Jōji Jōsutā): Joji is a 15-year old detective, and though of British descent, he was adopted by a Japanese family and thus lives in Japan. He goes to Morioh to investigate a murder, only to be thrown into the plot. He has only ever appeared in the 35th and 36th universe resets, which is how he becomes entwined in the narrative as a relevant character.
- Tsukumojuku Kato (加藤 九十九十九 Katō Tsukumojūku): Jorge's best friend, also 15. There is also another version of him who is 19 years old and is the one who gives Joji the tip about the murder.
- Kars: 36 in count, all ultimate lifeforms. Universe-J Kars comes to assist Jorge at some point of the story and becomes a close ally in the form of a guardian figure. Noticeably, his eyes are blue, not red or gold, and it becomes a defining trait. He has seen the worth in humanity as well, and because of this has finally sided with it. Jorge speaks to him humbly, calling him "Mr. Kars" or "Kars-senpai". He "remembers" Stands, and has the ability to steal another person's Stand if he chooses to. Most Stands that he steals will have "Ultimate" added to their name; Stands that fit this description include U-Boat Ultimate, Dune Ultimate, The World Ultimate, Whitesnake Ultimate, C-Moon Ultimate Requiem, Made in Heaven Ultimate Requiem, and Ultimate D4C.
- Giorno Giovanna: Universe-J Giorno finds and meets the original Rohan and leads the effort to restore the worlds back to normal. There is also another Giorno, very likely the one for the alternate universe Passione that is met, that has been possessed by Diavolo.
- Rohan Kishibe: Universe-J Rohan. He's the one who called in about the murder in Morioh, which Kato reports about and is how Joji ends up there.
- Yoshikage Kira: Seems to have the image of the Dead Man's Questions Kira, coming with Killer Queen post-Arrow. Nonchalant, but once again obsessed with hands. On the 36th iteration, Killer Queen is coaxed over and stolen by Kars.
- Lisa Lisa: Only for Jorge Joestar's universe, known as Elizabeth Straizo (エリザベス・ストレイツォ Erizabesu Sutoreitso) in JORGE JOESTAR.
- Straizo: Also only for Jorge Joestar's universe.
- Penelope de la Rosa (ペネロペ・デ・ラ・ロサ Penerope De Ra Rosa): Original character. Grown up with Jorge, she has both a "Wound" with no given name and a "Beyond" named Cube House (キューブハウス Kyūbu Hausu). The Wound hangs people within closed doors, and Cube House functions similar to Burning Down the House but can escape time and space. She has nightmares about clowns regularly, which her Wound looks like.
- Jonathan Joestar: There are two versions of Jonathan Joestar in the story. The first is Jorge's father, the original Jonathan Joestar from Universe-J. He is brought back to life and obtains DIO's Stand The Passion (
情熱Za Passhon). The other is an ancestor of Joji Joestar going back six generations who died while stopping his adoptive brother Dio Brando from committing a train robbery.
- Erina Joestar: There are also two versions of Erina. The first is the original Erina from Universe-J, who cares for Lisa Lisa, Jorge, and Penelope on La Palma. The other is again Joji's ancestor.
- Reimi Sugimoto: In JORGE JOESTAR, Reimi is alive, and is likely some alternate universe version of the character.
- Aya Tsuji: An alternate universe incarnation. Her Stand has the same abilities but is named Face/Off (フェイスオフ Feisu Ofu).
- Koji Hirose (広瀬 康司 Hirose Kōji): An alternate universe incarnation of Koichi Hirose. His Stand Blue Thunder (ブルーサンダー Burū Sandā) is a head propeller.
- Muryotaisu Nijimura (虹村 無量大数 Nijimura Muryōtaisū): An alternate universe incarnation of Okuyasu Nijimura. His Stand Grand Bleu (グランブルー Guran Burū) summons three somewhat disobedient dolphins named Jack (ジャック Jakku), Enzo (エンゾ), and Joanna (ジョアンナ). They can swim at fast speeds.
- Fukashigi Nijimura (虹村 不可思議 Nijimura Fukashigi): An alternate universe incarnation of Keicho Nijimura. His Stand NYPD Blue (NYPDブルー Enu Wai Pī Dī Burū) takes the form of a reliable 30-year old police officer from New York.
- Shigetaka Yangu (矢安宮 重孝 Yangū Shigetaka): Alternate universe Shigekiyo Yangu. His Stand Stray Dog (ストレイドッグ Sutorei Doggu), as it names suggests, controls stray dogs.
- Bruno Bucciarati: Alternate universe. His Stand is now named Stepmom (グッドナイト・ムーン Guddonaito Mūn, "Goodnight Moon") and is a feminine form of Sticky Fingers that relies on needle and thread rather than zippers.
- Leone Abbacchio: Alternate universe. His Stand is Videodrome (ヴィデオドローム Videodorōmu), which can take memories in the form of video tapes, akin to Whitesnake, and use them to become similar to Moody Blues for up to 24 hours.
- Guido Mista: Alternate universe. His Stand The Iron Ladies (アタック・ナンバーハーフ Atakku Nanbā Hāfu, "Attack Number Half") is the same as Sex Pistols, but is now instead made up of transgender volleyball players, each with their own uniforms and commands.
- Narancia Ghirga: Alternative universe. His Stand U-Boat (Uボート Yū Bōto), is shaped like a submarine and can swim through bodies to cause internal damage with bullets and missiles. He can summon a fleet of rather small submarines, or combine them into one large entity capable of taking a few people inside.
- Dio Brando: Several, in fact:
- Phantom Blood Dio, who became the Ultimate Lifeform and then a monster. He can be considered the main villain. His Stand, "The Passion", allows him to predict his opponents' actions. It should be noted that, while DIO has "The Passion", he still maintains The World, albeit with the ability to stop time for up to an hour, as opposed to his previous limit of 9 seconds.
- Dio who replaces the Saint's Corpse, with his bones later resurrecting Jonathan.
- A fake DIO that appears in one iteration, probably the Universe-J version, of Stardust Crusaders.
- Joji Joestar-universe Dio who went insane after seeing his step-brother Jonathan die in the train robbery.
- Enrico Pucci: Universe-J Pucci, who became an astronaut likely to hide from the heroes. His Stand is Whitesnake when he first appears in the story, and later evolves into Made In Heaven, but it is eventually stolen by Kars and transformed into Made In Heaven Requiem.
- Diavolo: There are just as many Diavolos as there are Kars, but only the ones that completely disengaged from Doppio survived their arc. Only two or three are known: the Universe-J Diavolo (who is still in his cycle of multifarious deaths), a Diavolo whom split from Doppio to possess Giorno, and a Diavolo that the alternate universe Passione is pursuing. It's unknown if the latter two are one in the same, or if they are connected to the alternate universe Giorno that also exists.
- Doppio: Specifically, the one from the Diavolo-possessing-Giorno timeline. He has an unnamed Stand that allows him to transform any object into a phone. Rohan attempts to use Heaven's Door on him, only to read gibberish.
- Funny Valentine: There are two Funny Valentines in JORGE JOESTAR. One of them is the original Funny Valentine, whose Stand is Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. There is a second, older, Funny Valentine who has the Stand Singing In The Rain (SINGING IN THE RAIN（雨に唄えば） Ame ni Utaeba), which allows him to fly. Both were Presidents of the United States.
- Funnier Valentine (ファニアー・ヴァレンタイン Faniā Varentain): The son of the second Funny Valentine listed above. He is an astronaut and is 50 years old. His Stand Rear Window (リアウィンドウ（裏窓） Ria Windō), allows him to teleport from location to location and through dimensions.
- The Funniest Valentine (ザ・ファニエスト・ヴァレンタイン Za Faniesuto Varentain): The Funniest is Funnier's son, and Funny's grandson. His Stand is Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (いともたやすく行われるえげつない行為（Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap） Itomo Tayasuku Okonawareru Egetsunai Kōi), however he is not immune to being destroyed if he comes in contact with an alternate version of himself.
- Dolcio Cioccolata (ドルチオ・チョコラータ Doruchio Chokorāta): Alternate universe version of Cioccolata who has a cornrow hairstyle. He is a former doctor, and is involved in drug trafficking in the United States and terrorism. His Stand Blob (ブロブ Burobu) is similar to Green Day in appearance but is never seen in action.
- Secco Rottario (セッコ・ロッターリオ Sekko Rottārio): Alternate universe version of Secco who is dressed in bondage gear. He has a history of psychiatric hospitalization, with Cioccolata as his attending physician. His Stand Evil Dead (イーヴルデッド Īvuru Deddo), is in the shape of a giant human face with its eyes on disembodied hands that have their thumbs jabbed into its bleeding sockets, and can hide things from a certain vantage point.
- Prosciutto Cappano (プロシュート・ケッパーノ Puroshūto Keppāno): Alternate universe version of Prosciutto. Strangely, the rest of La Squadra di Esecuzione never shows up. Prosciutto is one of Cioccolata's assistants. His Stand Twister (ツイスター Tsuisutā) is the same as The Grateful Dead but with a cyclone/spiral themed appearance instead of eyes.
- Pocoloco Tripleseven (ポコロコ・トリプルセブン Pokoroko Toripurusebun): Alternate universe version of Pocoloco. He is a black youth and also an astronaut. His Stand Right Stuff (ライトスタッフ Raito Sutaffu) is a group of semi-robotic humans that will do whatever it takes to complete a mission.
- Goyathlay Soundman (ゴヤスリー・サウンドマン Goyasurī Saundoman): Alternate universe version who is also an astronaut. He has a "Bound" named Dune (デューン Dyūn) that allows him to turn into and assimilate with sand at will.
- Antonio Torres (アントニオ・トレース Antonio Torēsu), real name Anthony Hightower (アンソニー・ハイタワー Ansonī Haitawā): An original character; A boy on La Palma who teases Jorge when he is growing up. He possesses a Wound that causes all of his skin to molt at once.
- Alejandro Torres (アレジャンドロ・トレース Arejandoro Torēsu), real name Alexander Hightower (アレクサンダー・ハイタワー Arekusandā Haitawā): A man who had been in the railroad business in England but went bankrupt, and washed up at La Palma. He becomes a zombie and eats his son, Antonio.
- Javier Cortez (ハビエル・コルテス Habieru Korutesu): A high school student who wants to become a mystery writer. He is actually the culprit behind the 15 closed room murders on La Palma. Javier's Wound allows him to enter the dreams of other people where he kills them.
- Stephen Motorise (スティーブン・モーターライズ Sutībun Mōtāraizu): An English teenager with a Wound that allows him to grow wings and fly.
- The information below derives from a source not written by Araki. As such, it may or may not be considered canon.
With the information above in mind, the following scenarios also take place:
- The 36 Kars living on Mars are presumably the 36 souls of sinners that DIO required for his plan to reach Heaven. When Jorge draws a picture of Kars on his stomach, they form a bridge to reach the Dio described below.
- The DIO of Part 3 was not the real Dio Brando; Phantom Blood Dio Brando becomes the Ultimate Life Form, gaining the Stand "The Passion", which resembles Jesus Christ. The Passion has the ability to predict his opponents' attacks.
- The corpse parts of Steel Ball Run are of his or another Dio's corpse, which Jonathan Joestar soon combines with after being resurrected and also gains "The Passion".
- Morioh and Passione's island headquarters both suddenly sprouts legs from their foundations and split from the mainland, walking the Earth. They eventually encounter one another, which is how the heroes are able to meet one another.
- One version of Giorno Giovanna is now host to Diavolo as an alternate personality, as that Diavolo was a renegade Stand in similar vein to Anubis. As a result, the Doppio from that universe became a separate entity with his own Stand, one capable of transforming objects into telephones (which, according to pictures, is no different from what Universe J's Doppio did to communicate with Diavolo). It's unknown if he remained Passione's underboss in that universe or was replaced by the Diavolo-possessed Giorno.
- Out of the 36 Diavolos, only two seem to survive: the above Diavolo, and the Universe J-Diavolo, who continues to die from the effects of Gold Experience Requiem through the resets. Supposedly, others exist, but due to King Crimson, only the Diavolos that never split from Doppio suffer the endless fate.
- As Erina and George II move to the Canary Islands, he is renamed "Jorge", the Spanish equivalent of "George", despite its completely different pronunciation in Spanish (xoɾxe; "Hor-hay").
- As far as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure as a series goes, the JORGE JOESTAR novel is considered the most disconnected from the events of the canon, with its own exclusive plot elements and characteristics.