|Namesake||King Crimson (Progressive Rock band)|
|Manga Debut||Vol. 56 Ch. 519|
The Mystery of King Crimson (2)
King Crimson is humanoid Stand of a height and build similar to Diavolo's. Its body is covered by a raised diagonal grid, red underneath; save for its face, neck, shoulder guards, elbows, hands, abdomen, crotch, knees and feet/footwear.
Its eyes comprise sharp orifices of a steep inward slant; from which emerge small, round fishlike/amphibian/reptilian eyes. It constantly bares its teeth through a small mouth. Its crown is flat; and from its forehead emerges two raised levels, the front of which bears a smaller, oval face of the same expression.
Its design is inspired by the character George, from the 1990 science fiction film Total Recall, who had a second face on his chest.
Erase Time: King Crimson's signature ability is to put it simply, skip time. To go into detail, it deletes about 10 seconds worth of time, during which only it can move and predict the movements of other people. No living creature on this world can experience or remember the deleted time. The moving arms of a clock and flying birds seem like they teleport, and people forget how much of a book they've read. Its weakness is the short range and low durability, so taking on multiple people at once could result in someone finding out the user's identity.
To Diavolo, moving while deleting time like this appears in the form of the would-have-been intervening objects' states being superimposed on each other, in a fashion akin to Nude Descending a Staircase.
The nature of the time erase is such that, for example, a bullet that would have hit Diavolo will suddenly be shifted to be on his other side as where it would be seconds later.
The ability to erase time also appears to be relevant to Diavolo's own stamina, as he admitted to Risotto Nero that in the weakened state his body was in from the lack of iron in his blood, he would only be able to erase time for barely more than an instant.
With Epitaph, Doppio can utilize King Crimson's hands as his own.
Epitaph also gives Doppio a preview of what will occur in the next ten seconds, allowing him to react and defend himself accordingly. As stated by Diavolo; no matter what, the prediction cannot be prevented (only the ability of Gold Experience Requiem has been shown to bypass this).
Epitaph can be also be used by Diavolo.
King Crimson was shown to have killed several people just by punching them right through their stomach with one blow, and above that it seemed that a tremendous amount of endurance was needed just to take one hit from King Crimson without the person suffering a tremendous injury; even Giorno lost his entire arm due to the power of a single strike.
King Crimson has shown to be able to easily parry, react and even outmaneuver faster-than-light Stands like Silver Chariot, Sticky Fingers and Gold Experience, even without the use of Epitaph. King Crimson's speed may even be comparable to that of Star Platinum.
- The sub-stand is based on King Crimson's song, Epitaph.
- King Crimson's time erase has been utilized with very obvious effects, but the mechanics of the time erasure themselves are not as well understood. In GioGio no Kimyō na Bōken: Ōgon no Kaze, the time erase was shown to slow down the opponent's actions while Diavolo still moves at normal speed for the duration of the obliterated time, a mechanism similar to Made in Heaven's time acceleration abilities.
- Physically, King Crimson is possibly one of the strongest Stands in existence. Unlike Stands like Star Platinum, it normally attacks not with a sequence of punches, but rather with a single attack. It is also possibly one of the the fastest Stands in existence. It is able to easily parry, react and even outmaneuver faster-than-light Stands even without the use of Epitaph.
- Because of the difficulty in adequately explaining how King Crimson's abilities work, it is the subject of the small meme "It just works" which is the answer usually given on most forums when one asks exactly how its time skip ability functions.
- In the western release of All Star Battle, King Crimson is renamed as "Emperor Crimson", while Epitaph is renamed to "Eulogy".
|Part V: Vento Aureo Stands|
|Gold Experience · Sticky Fingers · Aerosmith · Moody Blues · Sex Pistols · Purple Haze · Spice Girl · Echoes · Black Sabbath · Soft Machine · Kraft Work · Little Feet · Man in the Mirror · Mr.President · The Grateful Dead · Beach Boy · Baby Face · White Album · Clash · Talking Head · Notorious B.I.G. · Metallica · Green Day · Oasis · Silver Chariot · Chariot Requiem · King Crimson · Gold Experience Requiem · Rolling Stones|