|“||Any Stand that Avdol hits head-on... finds itself melted in the crossfire!||”|
Magician's Red appears as a humanoid figure with a bird-like head. It has a heavily muscular upper body and its feathered legs are sometimes covered in burning flames. Its arms have claws instead of nails and it wears dark bracelets on both of its wrists. Originally, the Stand was barefooted, but during Avdol's return, it wore Arabian shoes.
- The series is known for alternating colors between media, the information presented below may or may not be canon.
Magician's Red is generally depicted as having a red body, befitting its name. The particular shade changing between media, going from bright red to orange. Its feathered body parts are also generally depicted as red, but in ASB, they are blue.
This Stand is based on the first card in the Major Arcana tarot deck, The Magician; which represents beginnings. It does not show any personality, having a constant aggressive demeanor while listening without fail to its user.
Muhammad Avdol was naturally born with this Stand. It has full loyalty to his user, having served him its whole life.
Magician's Red is a humanoid medium-range Stand; its unique ability is the generation and manipulation of fire. Avdol prefers open spaces in order to use said power more fully. Moreover, Magician's Red is still a physically powerful Stand, a single kick of his being able to shatter Judgement's armor, whereas Silver Chariot couldn't.
Magician's Red is capable of generating flames intense enough to evaporate metal projectiles mid-air and slice railroad tracks. It also has more nuanced uses, as Avdol can manipulate it without restraints. As the flames are the product of a Stand, they are invisible to non-Stand users despite still having the same properties as normal flames; non-Stand users merely feel the heat and see the generated heat waves.
Avdol uses several techniques with his flames.
- Crossfire Hurricane (クロスファイヤーハリケーン Kurosu Faiyā Harikēn): Magician's Red can fire a few salvos of the Crossfire Hurricane, a spectacular signature move that sends forth ankhs of flame from its mouth in a great storm.
- There is a variation simply called "Crossfire" in the Capcom fighting game, where a single flame ankh is shot out as a projectile.
- Cross Fire Hurricane Variation (
Ｃ・Ｆ・Ｈ・バリエーション Kurosu Faiyā Harikēn Bariēshon)" enables Avdol to be able to manipulate the direction/trajectory of his flame ankhs.
- Crossfire Hurricane Special (
Ｃ・Ｆ・Ｈ・ＳKurosu Faiyā Harikēn Supesharu): One variation of the Crossfire Hurricane, which splits the ankhs to cover a wider area.
- Red Bind (
赤い荒縄Reddo Baindo, lit. "Red Rough Rope"): Magician's Red can use his flame to tie his opponent, like a rope. With this, Avdol is even capable of imprisoning his enemy's arms and legs to the wall, as well as their neck. By putting a flame too close to the opponent's face, it eventually burns the oxygen around them to the point of suffocating them.
- Life Detector: Magician's Red can produce a "heat radar", a cruciform mass of psychic flame which flickers in response to enemy presence, indicating the location of his heat source based on a compass rose.
- Magician's Red is the very first Stand fully revealed in the series, its face shown before even Star Platinum's.
- The name of Magician's Red's attack, Crossfire Hurricane, comes from the opening line of the Rolling Stones' song "Jumpin' Jack Flash", which is also the name of Lang Wrangler's stand in Stone Ocean.
- ↑ Artbook: JOJOVELLER
- ↑ Chapter 178, Judgement Part 5
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Chapter 116, Jotaro Kujo Part 3
- ↑ Chapter 125, Silver Chariot Part 2
- ↑ Chapter 126, Silver Chariot Part 3
- ↑ Chapter 239, The Mist of Emptiness, Vanilla Ice Part 2