|Namesake||The Magician (tarot card)|
|Manga Debut||Vol. 13 Ch. 115|
The Magician of Fire
Magician's Red appears as a red humanoid figure with the head of a great eagle and fur-covered legs. It's design is inspired by the renegade god, Horus, from Enki Bilal's Nikopol Trilogy. Its abilities all involve the manipulation of fire. Mohammed Avdol was born with this Stand and learned to control its power. It has never shown any personality and is based on the first card in the Major Arcana tarot deck, The Magician, which represents the beginning of something.
Magician's Red is a fiery Stand, meaning it manipulates fire. Even though its flames are different from mother nature's natural fire, It needs a open space to use its power to the fullest (just like ordinary fire, which needs oxygen to spread) It can, however, work in closed spaces too, but in a less-effective way.
- Flame Manipulation: This fiery Stand can also be remotely controlled and generates intense flames capable of melting steel within moments. The fire is hot enough to have evaporated including but not limited to metal projectiles in mid-air and sliced through railroad tracks. It also has more nuanced uses, As Avdol can manipulate it without restraints.
- Crossfire Hurricane (クロスファイヤーハリケーン): Magician's Red can fire a few salvos of the Crossfire Hurricane, a spectacular signature move that sends forth ankhs of flame in a great storm.
- Crossfire Hurricane Special: One variation of the Crossfire Hurricane, which splits the ankhs to cover a wider area.
- Red Bind: Magician's Red can use his flame to tie his opponent, like a rope. With this Avdol is even capable of imprisoning his enemy's arms and legs to the wall, as well as his neck. By putting a flame too close to the opponent's face, it eventually burns the oxygen around him to the point of suffocating him.
- Life Detector: Magician's Red can produce a "heat radar", a cruciform mass of psychic flame which flicker in response to enemy presence, indicating the location of his heat source based on a compass rose.
- The name of Magician's Red's attack, Crossfire Hurricane, comes from a line in the Rolling Stones' song "Jumpin' Jack Flash".
- Originally Magician's Red was barefooted, but when Avdols returned, it wore arabic shoes.
|Part III: Stardust Crusaders Stands|
Star Platinum · Magician's Red · Hermit Purple · Hierophant Green · Silver Chariot · The Fool · Holy's Stand · Hermit Purple #2 · Tower of Gray · Dark Blue Moon · Strength · Ebony Devil · Yellow Temperance · Hanged Man · Emperor · Empress · Wheel of Fortune · Justice · Lovers · Sun · Death Thirteen · Judgement · High Priestess · Geb · Khnum · Tohth · Anubis · Bastet · Sethan · Osiris · Horus · Atum · Tenore Sax · Cream · The World