—Anasui in his conviction to marry Jolyne
Anasui is a man of above-average height and medium to athletic build. He is always seen with a slim, flat hat on his head, and he wears a form-fitting mesh over his upper body and lower legs, exposing most of his chest. The mesh is comprised of diagonal stripes which resemble a fishnet pattern with extremely large gaps between the clothing lines. One of the most prominent features of his shirt (or lack thereof) are the presence of footprint designs leading from his waist skirt and up onto his chest. This perhaps reflects one of the uses of his Stand, as Diver Down displays the ability to extend his arms and feet from within another person's body.
- Main article: Diver Down
Diver Down is a close-range stand with the main ability to imprint an attack on any surface and release it.It also is able to phase through solid materials and change the materials that make them up.
Described at first as 'the type of person that doesn't help other people', even Emporio tells F.F. that 'if Weather Report wasn't there to keep him calm, there is no knowing what Anasui would do'.
However, after meeting Jolyne, she becomes his drive for fighting. Selfless and valiant, he isn't afraid to risk his life for her. When they aren't in danger, he will use anything in his arsenal to woo Jolyne to his willies -though he is hardly successful and are moments of comic relief. Once he realizes that she is in danger, he will jump into the fray with little regard for his own safety. In love with her courageous and burning determination, Anasui mused that given the chance, he would follow Jolyne for eternity.
Although he is devoted to Jolyne, he will treat anyone who isn't her badly. His noble and protective persona thins to show his otherwise menacing and intimidating tendencies. Whether friend or foe, Anasui won't hesitate to kill anyone who disturbs his happiness with Jolyne. On one occasion, he threatens F.F. to not interfere with his work, almost strangling her when she almost disobeyed. While he is more than willing to jump into action for Jolyne, he refuses to help anyone else unless he knows that Jolyne needs them. The main exception to this is of course, Jotaro Kujo, wanting his approval for his marriage proposal to Jolyne.
Obsessed with disassembling objects, Anasui grew up a bit awkward during his childhood days. He painstakingly dissected a pocket watch, his neighbor's car, and whatever else that struck his fancy. One day while returning from work, he found his girlfriend cheating on him with another man. In response, he methodically tore both of them apart so they would never come together again. He was sent to prison and faced a twelve year sentence for first degree murder.
Stone Ocean (2011-2012)
Although he was briefly seen next to Weather Report by Ermes Costello, Anasui doesn't get involved with Jolyne until F.F. comes to Emporio for help. Seemingly entranced by the tales he has heard of her, Anasui agrees to become Jolyne's bodyguard out of his burning love for her. Upon finding her, Anasui keeps true to his word and protects Jolyne -to the point of self-sacrificing at times.
After being ambushed by Enrico Pucci, Anasui was sent back to the male division of prison. Hearing of Jolyne's escape, he forces Weather Report - whom was in possession of a Joestar birthmark as a two-way tracker - to lead him to her. The two shared a shaky alliance until Weather's death at the hands of Pucci. He was found by Jolyne directly afterwards and followed her until the end.
In the alternate universe, Anasui has a counterpart by the name of Annakiss.
In Video Games
Anasui makes his game debut as a DLC character in the PS3 title. He was confirmed for the 4th campaign, alongside Vanilla Ice. He is the only playable male ally for Part 6. For the English localization of the game, he was given the name "Narc Anastasia".
Gameplay-wise, Anasui is a trap-heavy fighter, not unlike Mariah in Heritage for the Future. As one of the mass majority of playable characters in the game with the "Stand" Style, Anasui can turn Diver Down on/off, changing movesets, as well as having access to the Stand Rush ability returning from the Capcom game, being able to attack in conjunction with his Stand.
- Throw - Didn't see it coming!: Anasui pulls the opponent toward him before delivering a back-handed punch.
While Diver Down is off:
- Shut yer trap!: Anasui turns around and performs a downward reverse kick. A middle attack that cannot be blocked if the opponent is crouching. Anasui's skills can be performed instantly following this move.
- And... RELEASE!: By consuming a 1/8th of the Heart Heat Gauge, Anasui summons Diver Down to punch the ground, leaving a trap. If the opponent steps on it, they'll be sent into the air. A low attack that cannot be blocked if the opponent are not crouching. The attack can be charged for more damage and to send the opponent flying higher. (Comboable)
- You're in range!: Anasui summons Diver Down to punch at an upward angle. This move doubles as an anti-air. If it hits, DD enters the opponent, beats them up from the inside, and comes out of their back to launch them into the ground.
- Meat and Bone Suspension: A Throw. Anasui summons Diver Down to fly forward. If it connects, DD rearranges the structure of the opponent's legs into a spring, before deliver a downward punch that sends them bouncing extremely high into the air. (Comboable)
While Diver Down is on:
- How awful...: A Throw. Diver Down reaches outward, and if it connects, enters the opponent, beats them up from the inside, and comes out to kick them to the ground.
- Dive!: Diver Down dives into the floor and comes back up to attack the opponent, the attack depending on the attack button inputted.
- If Light, DD pops out to punch the opponent's legs, tripping them in a low attack that cannot be blocked if they are not crouching.
- If Medium, DD leaps out to deliver a downward punch that knocks the down hard enough for them to bounce in a middle attack that cannot be blocked if they are crouching (Comboable).
- If Heavy, DD comes out to deliver an advancing barrage of punches that knock the opponent into the air on the final hit (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel). A Stand Rush skill that Anasui can disconnect from to attack the opponent while it is executing.
- Go to hell!: This move can only be used in mid-air. Diver Down swings downward while suspending Anasui in the air. A Stand Rush skill that Anasui can disconnect from to attack the opponent while it is executing.
Anasui's HHA, "Give me your blessing!", has Diver Down rapidly punch the ground before entering it, resulting a barrage of uppercuts at the opponent's feet from the floor and sending them flying backwards. DD then reappears from behind them and pummels them again, knocking them to Anasui's feet. The HHA can be delayed for a few seconds.
Anasui's GHA, "Diving in", has Diver Down sink into the ground once more, appearing in front of the opponent to lunge at them, regardless of range or orientation. If the attack connects, DD phases into the opponent's body, before destroying them from the inside with a relentless combo of punches and kicks in many directions. They opponent is flung around by the internal force into the air as Anasui expresses DD's ability to kill them from the inside-out. As he finishes talking, DD ends the attack with a powerful kick strong enough to pierce through the opponent's back and send them flying.
He is paired with Josuke Higashikata (JJL) in the Eyes of Heaven Tournament, having been placed in the F Block series of battles to be incorporated into the main Tournament. They were eliminated in the first round by Part 4 Jotaro and Diego Brando from Another Universe.
- Anasui was first presented as a woman. When he is re-introduced later, his gender is switched, with his appearance gradually changing as a result.
- Anasui and Vanilla Ice are the last DLC-characters from the JoJo franchise to be confirmed for the roster of the PS3 game (with Baoh being a DLC character from Araki's previous work).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 SO Chapter 59: His Name Is Anasui p.18
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 JOJOVELLER - STANDS
- ↑ SO Chapter 60: The Secret of Guard Westwood (1) p.18
- ↑ SO Chapter 59: His Name Is Anasui p.6
- ↑ SO Chapter 59: His Name Is Anasui p.9
|Stone Ocean Characters|