|“||If my killer is caught, Morioh will finally stop being the playground of this maniac and go back to normal. We must stop this monster as soon as we can!||”|
—Reimi, Chapter 332
Reimi Sugimoto (杉本 鈴美 Sugimoto Reimi) is a side character featured in Diamond is Unbreakable.
Reimi was Yoshikage Kira's very first victim in his life as a serial killer. As a Ghost, she haunts a hidden street of Morioh in hope of meeting someone willing to help her bring Kira to justice. Having saved an infant Rohan Kishibe from Kira, Rohan takes it upon himself to close this case by finding the killer.
Reimi is a 16-year-old girl of average height and slight build, with sympathetic, youthful features and large, light eyes. She has chin-length light-colored hair, kept back with an alice band.
She wears a choker and a short pink sleeveless dress with bows at the front. Bands at her upper arms taper into a criss-cross at the top of her forearms. She wears platform sandals and pale pink nail polish.
A ghost, she has massive, perpetually fresh knife wounds on her back, as a remnant of her murder (not shown to the reader, with the impression that they are too horrific).
Reimi is composed, genial and caring; firm in a voluntary responsibility to bring Kira to justice. She is normally alone with her dog Arnold, invisible to all without Stands.
She playfully tells Rohan Kishibe his "pocky horoscope"; upon which Rohan tells her based on the color of her nail polish (perhaps in an expression of cold reading) that she is "afraid of love"; liable to back out of relationships at the "critical stage", to which she reponds with innocent concern.
She weeps hurtfully when she implores Rohan and Koichi for their help in finding her killer. She cares deeply for Rohan's wellbeing, revealing that she bravely saved his life while babysitting him as a toddler, just before her murder. Her concern extends further to everyone in Morioh targeted by Kira; and she is evidently saddened when she sees Shigekiyo Yangu's spirit in transition.
Living as a ghost in the hope of bringing Kira to justice, she disappears after his death, at peace.
Reimi Sugimoto was the neighbor of Rohan Kishibe when he was 4 years old. One night she attended as his babysitter while his parents had a important thing to attend to, and that night the murderer Yoshikage Kira entered the house to kill her. Woken up by a dripping sound, she found Arnold's corpse and realized her parents were killed, so Reimi saved Rohan by letting him escape by the window while she received a gruesome wound in the back and died. Living as a ghost bounded to a ghost alley serving as a passage to the afterlife, Reimi and her deceased dog Arnold awaited the day they could find someone who could hear their story and report the murderer to the police before more teenage girls are killed.
Reimi finally finds someone with a supernatural ability who can see her: Koichi Hirose and Rohan. Even though Rohan doesn't remember her, Reimi tells her story and asks them to report Kira to the police. Refusing at first, Rohan agrees to help after knowing the killer is still alive and warns the Stand users of Morioh about him. Reimi then remains in the ghostly alley, at one point seeing Shigekiyo Yangu´s soul go to heaven after his death by Kira.
After Kira's death his soul is transported to Ghost Girl's Alley, Reimi tries to trick him into looking back and be dragged to the afterlife. Although Kira guesses her trick because he knows of the alley, Arnold is the one who forces him to look back and be dragged by hundreds of hands. Finally in peace, Reimi ascends to Heaven along with Arnold after a heartfelt goodbye to the Stand users of Morioh.
- The information below derives from a source not written by Araki. As such, it may or may not be considered canon.In the live-action film, Reimi was a source of encouragement for Ryohei Higashikata. She was always cheerful and greeted him. Ryohei was devastated after the mysterious murders of her and her parents, Takashi and Kazuko Sugimoto. He kept a sketchbook with cutouts from a newspaper detailing their deaths and how no clues had been found. Frustrated that he couldn't even protect Reimi, Ryohei smashed his watch he got as an award for his 20th year of service, thinking that he's a failure as a policeman. He made it his goal to catch her murderer with his own hands and desperately wanted to protect Morioh.
- The information below derives from a source not written by Araki. As such, it may or may not be considered canon.In the spin-off novel "JORGE JOESTAR", villain Pucci resets the universe a total of 36 times, creating 36 different universe iterations. Because of this, it appears Reimi was among the souls regenerated and in the universe seen in the Jorge Joestar manga, Reimi is alive, and is a Stand. Despite this, she also has a Stand, Arrow Cross House (アロークロスハウス Arō Kurosu Hausu), which functions as a time traveling tesseract. As every iteration of the universe behaves differently, but certain elements of "fate" are retained, it is likely in other universes she remains with Rohan and the Part 4 characters in other arrangements.
Reimi guides the player through the Story Mode menu. She also appears on the Morioh stage, as part of the Situation Finish. When the defeated character lands in the Ghost Girl's Alley, she tells them that it is time for their judgement.
- Heaven's Door reveals her address: Kotodai neighborhood, Block 3, Section 12; that she had her first period at 11 years and 9 months of age; there is a mole on the right side of the left nipple; and that her first kiss was a french kiss.
- The story she tells about the night of her death bears a similarity to the "The Licked Hand" urban legend.
- A character also named Reimi appears in the spin-off novel "JORGE JOESTAR".
|Rock Humans & Animals|