For the most part, Rolling Stones usually takes on the appearance of a normal rock. Its appearance will change to look similar to its victim, and afterwards, will appear near said victim either in the form of a ball with the character 凶 (Kyō, meaning "ominous","misfortune" or "bad luck") on it or a curled-up stone sculpture.
It is visible to ordinary humans, as an eyewitness reported seeing a woman holding it as she jumped down a building to her death.
Rolling Stones is an automatic Stand, as Scolippi can neither control nor stop it. It isn't actually dangerous to some degree as it only shows a target their fated death.
Homing to Dying Target
Rolling Stones spots a target fated to die soon and then begins to automatically stalk it. Rolling Stones follows a chosen person whose death is close, appearing and disappearing or even moving by itself until it touches the target. In truth, it can enter the ground and walls to move unnoticed.
As it follows the target, Rolling Stones gradually breaks down until the form of the target appears on it. More precisely, it shows a presentation of the target dying, exposing how they are fated to die, regardless of how close or far away the date of death is. When the target touches the stone, they will die, peacefully and without visible damage, as to "spare" them the pain.
If Rolling Stones is broken, then it will stop chasing its current target but changing its shape may make the target's fated death worse. Those close to Rolling Stones without being sculpted inside it are not fated to die. Mista exploits this to purposefully jump down a building and come out unscathed.
When someone not targeted by Rolling Stones touches it, several words such as Murder (殺 koro) appear on the skin.
- Rolling Stone's ability is inspired by a famous quote from Renaissance artist Michelangelo about artistic inspiration, who claimed that every block of stone had already a statue inside it which the sculptor merely discovered.
- ↑ 
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Chapter 590, Epilogue: Sleeping Slaves
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Chapter 591, Sleeping Slaves (2)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Chapter 593, Sleeping Slaves (4)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Chapter 592, Sleeping Slaves (3)
- ↑ Chapter 594, Sleeping Slaves (5)
- ↑ Volume 63; in-between Stand stats, Chapter 593, Sleeping Slaves (4)
- ↑ JOJOVELLER Stand Guide (『JOJOVELLER - STANDS』?)