|“||Assassination's the surer bet, as long as we're using Sex Pistols!||”|
—Guido Mista, Chapter 489
Appearance and Personality
Sex Pistols is composed of six tiny bullet-like entities (referred to by Mista as "people") living inside a revolver, numbered from 1 to 7, skipping the number 4. All of them have teardrop-shaped heads, white eyes with black outlines and small stripes going outward from the center, and extremely small pupils, some of which appear cross-eyed. In later appearances, they are missing the radial lines in their eyes and their pupils are more focused, in order to make them appear more natural. Frequently will Sex Pistols open their mouths, revealing crooked teeth. Their "clothing" consists of shirts with pointed shoulder pads, legging-like tight pants with knee pads, and pointed shoes with toe caps that curve upward. Ironically, they each have four fingers instead of five on each hand.
Most media featuring Sex Pistols portray them as being yellow. The PS2 video game adaptation portrays them as being white.
Each Pistol has a different personality, but they all share a childish and irreverent nature; they are prone to argue, can make inappropriate comments, and will not work if they are not fed. Outside of battle, Mista doesn't actually control the Pistols, who do as they please.
- No.1 is typically shot out first and is often depicted as the leader of the group. Outside the number on its head, it's usually distinguishable by its joyful demeanour and canthus-like markings on its eyes. When turned against Mista via Chariot Requiem's defensive ability, No.1 becomes violent and curses at him, threatening to "blow his brains out" while rapidly kicking him in the face.
- No.2 appears the most rogue-like, but will often work together with No.1 as a team. The two have interacted a couple of times through some form of Dap greeting. Aesthetically, No.2's eyes have a black bar running between them, giving the appearance of goggles.
- No.3 is vicious and commonly shows a belligerent face. He commonly bullies No.5.
- The naming order skips to No.5, a timid crybaby who is constantly bullied by No.3, identifiable by the spot in his nose region. He is most often seen on the receiving end of some kind of harm, which is likely a reflection of Guido's dislike for what could have been his actual number. When other Pistols and/or Mista himself is injured or in danger, No.5 usually stays behind to simply cry until ordered otherwise.
- No.6 is considered the most fearsome-looking of the group, usually keeping an irate face coupled with a V-shaped marking above its eyes. Unlike No.3, it never displays hostility towards the others, though is nonetheless violent, angrily, if not excitedly, telling Bucciarati to kill Prosciutto after he almost kills Mista.
- No.7 is similar to No.1 in appearance and is known to take initiative in a similar fashion. Much like No.2, it'll yell out in excitement when riding a bullet, and has at some point imitated a bull rider. In its first appearance, it had three fingers on each hand and shared No.2's black bar between its eyes, which were slightly elliptical.
Sex Pistols are by themselves very weak Stands and rely on the gun bullets they ride to inflict damage. However, they are highly autonomous and have a long range (they go as far as the bullets can fly). It allows Mista to control the battlefield and gather information from afar thanks to the Pistols spying on their enemy. If need be, the Pistols can make decisions by themselves if an opportunity presents itself, often surprising the enemy.
Sex Pistols is unusually resilient and can persist even if Mista is taken out. Should this be the case, the Pistols can continue to help Mista's allies.
The Pistols' ability is to literally ride the bullets to position themselves in the battlefield, although they can hover around too, and then violently kick the bullets to change their path.
Mista's most common use of this is to rebound shots, allowing the sudden redirection of bullets to hit moving targets, strike key targets or take them by surprise by using odd angles. The Pistols are vulnerable to attacks when doing so, but Mista can survive as long as one Pistols remains unharmed. The Pistols can also block incoming bullets and No.5 has even saved Mista from three fatal shots fired by Prosciutto.
Mista normally does not reload his own gun but has Sex Pistols reload it for him. For this, he uses a six-chamber revolver. Mista can use any type of guns, but a chamber allows the Pistols to reload it at once while reloading a pistol magazine takes more time. Unlike Hol Horse's Emperor, Sex Pistols has no gun to work with by default and must always need a gun and ammunition otherwise it is useless for offence.
- Mista refers to his bullets in Italian, as such their names are alternatively Uno (1), Due (2), Tre (3), Cinque (5), Sei (6), Sette (7).
- Sex Pistols is the most portrayed Stand in the series (appearing in 385 panels), beating both Silver Chariot (367 panels) and Star Platinum (351 panels).