- For a similar character, see Chariot Requiem
|“||The "Chariot" symbolizes invasion and victory.||”|
—Jean Pierre Polnareff
In appearance, Silver Chariot looks like a thin, robotic humanoid clad in silver, medieval armor, armed with a cup-hilted rapier. Although Silver Chariot is thin, it wields heavy plate armor spiked at the shoulder pads and elbow pads. Silver Chariot has a distinctive helmet with a jewel embedded in the forehead and several pointed down projections protecting the mouth and cheeks. Chariot's sword can be unequipped for tasks that require two hands. According to JOJOVELLER, its design is a combination of a robot with an occidental armor.
In Vento Aureo, as a result of its User losing their limbs, the corresponding parts of Silver Chariot are replaced with metal spike-like appendages.
Silver Chariot is often portrayed as being covered in polished silvery armor, befitting its name. The most notable examples of such a depiction being the anime and video-games. The Stardust Crusaders OVA instead portrays it as wearing dull, grey armor with gold armor pieces here and there.
PersonalityLike most Stands, Silver Chariot is devoid of any will or personality, serving Polnareff without question - though it does display a high learning ability, as Polnareff rarely gives it direct orders. Silver Chariot´s battle cry is "Hora Hora Hora", and it seems to have had a tendency to shout "Pami" when Polnareff was a child.
Silver Chariot is a very powerful, battle-dedicated close-range Stand that primarily fights with the rapier it is equipped with.
All its powers directly assist the Stand in battle but have limited use anywhere else. It is an incredibly agile Stand, able to attack enemies with barrages of sword slashes and thrusts before the opponent can react. It can also use this agility, along with its sword, to defend and deflect attacks aimed at it or its user. Silver Chariot usually doesn't stray far away from Polnareff, but still had the ability to move several meters away from him to attack. Silver Chariot has the distinct weakness of not being able to see whatever its user cannot see, making it weak if Polnareff is in any way in a blind spot.
- Speed: Silver Chariot is an incredibly quick Stand, as it is able to appear in multiple places at once, due to moving at a speed faster than the human eye can process and creating illusory afterimages. However, Silver Chariot is weighed down by its armor and needs to shed it to reach its full speed. Its speed is high enough that it is able to skewer several falling coins and balls of fire in an alternating pattern in one thrust, deflect bullets shot at point—blank range and even match Star Platinum and its barrage of punches.
- Power: Even though the majority of Silver Chariot's power is in its astonishing speed, it still has great destructive power, as it is able to slice through solid rock instantaneously. Silver Chariot"s strength is portrayed inconsistently, first shown to be able to lift Polnareff against Muhammad Avdol but then shown to be barely strong enough to slowly pull its user against Vanilla Ice.
- Precision: Silver Chariot's speed is perhaps only matched by its precision. Having trained his Stand for several years, Polnareff has enough control over Silver Chariot's movement to be able to overall fight like an experienced fencer, to slice through a bullet or skewer several coins and balls of fire in a single thrust when they align.
Armor On/OffSilver Chariot's oddest property is that it is clad in a heavy suit of silver armor.
The armor lowers its speed, but also prevents it from being injured, as Polnareff does not receive the same injuries that the armor does as long as it's donned. The armor is shown to be capable of withstanding extreme heat without melting. This ability's drawback seems to be Polnareff's inability to see through Silver Chariot's eyes. Polnareff is able to shed Silver Chariot's armor in order to gain tremendous speed (enough for afterimages to appear), but doing so renders his Stand more vulnerable to attack as a trade-off.
Shooting the Sword
Silver Chariot's only ranged ability and a secret technique. This launches his sword with great force and precision, capable of ricocheting off other objects and striking with enough force to pierce a human body. The major drawback of doing this is that Silver Chariot can only materialize one sword, so Polnareff must retrieve the weapon before being able to attack again.
Chapters / Episodes
Chapters in order of appearance
Episodes in order of appearance
- Silver Chariot is seen holding 2 rapiers instead of one in the JoJo Sono Chi no Kioku ~end of THE WORLD~ opening sequence of the anime adaptation of the Egypt Arc of Stardust Crusaders, likely as a nod to its possession by Anubis.
- ↑ JOJOVELLER
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Chapter 125, Silver Chariot Part 2
- ↑ Chapter 206, "God Sethan" Alessi Part 2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Chapter 124, Silver Chariot Part 1
- ↑ Chapter 240, The Mist of Emptiness, Vanilla Ice Part 3
- ↑ Chapter 197, Anubis Part 5
- ↑ Chapter 241, The Mist of Emptiness, Vanilla Ice Part 4
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Chapter 126, Silver Chariot Part 3
- ↑ Chapter 244, The Mist of Emptiness, Vanilla Ice Part 7
- ↑ Chapter 194, Anubis Part 2