|Japanese Name|| |
|Namesake||The Star (tarot card)|
|Manga Debut|| Vol. 12 Ch. 114|
A Man Possessed
|Anime Debut|| Episode 27|
A Man Possessed
|Durability||A → E|
|Developmental Potential||A → C|
Among the very first Stands introduced, it features along with Jotaro in three parts of the series, most prominently in Part III: Stardust Crusaders.
Star Platinum is one of the most human in appearance of humanoid Stands, resembling a tall, well-built man of similar proportions to Jotaro. In colored art its skin is often a hue between purple, blue and green. Its face and body have varying colors.
It has long black hair. Its face is black above its eyes and on the front plane of its nose, blurring the distinction between its hair and head. The spaces under its eyes and on its cheeks and chin are darker than, and divided clearly from, the space around its nose and mouth. It wears a cap on its chin, and a metallic headband in three pieces, the central piece of which is shaped as a vertical ellipse. Initially, its facial features are very similar to Jotaro's.
A wavy line runs from each arm to the front of its torso, continuing down its legs. It has a minimal range of clothing and armor, including a short, circular scarf, shoulder pads with a spiral design, long gloves with studs on the back, knee and elbow guards, a loincloth, and short boots (knee-high in Part VI).
Jotaro has described Star Platinum as very violent. It is silent, except when it throws punches, crying "ORAORAORA" loudly and repeatedly. With a relatively human face, it may scowl and smile.
Star Platinum demonstrates a sort of interest in self-preservation, as seen when it halts a bullet Jotaro experimentally shoots at his own head, protects an incapacitated Jotaro from Dio Brando's attacks during Time Stop, and revives him from near-death by directly pumping his heart (however, considering Star Platinum's pioneering role in the series, this capacity may speak primarily to metaphysical or subconscious qualities generic to Stand users).
Star Platinum remains one of the most powerful and versatile Stands. It is a close-range Stand, defined by a basic reach of 2 meters from Jotaro, in contrast with incredible strength, speed and precision.
- Super Strength: Star Platinum possesses immense strength; able to throw a Jeep carrying four men and a girl out of the path of an 18-wheeler with one hand, later pull the same Jeep out of a canyon with only a car as a counter-weight, and destroy an artificial diamond the size of a car.
- Super Speed: Star Platinum can catch a bullet fired at point-blank range, and throw thousands of powerful punches within seconds. It is also able to punch faster than the speed of light, just like DIO's Stand The World.
- Self-Preservation: Star Platinum possesses the awareness and reaction speed to protect Jotaro in many instances that he himself seems unaware; halting a bullet he experimentally shoots at his own head; protecting him while frozen by Dio's Time Stop; and reviving him from near-death by directly pumping his heart.
- Precision: Star Platinum is incredibly precise; able by hand to surgically remove an object embedded in a person's skull without ill effect, and catch a bullet between his thumb and forefinger in midair.
- Enhanced Eyesight: Star Platinum utilizes eagle-like eyesight throughout Stardust Crusaders. By his Stand Jotaro sees at one point across desert for four kilometres, as well as identify meaningful details, such as a specific type of fly, in high-resolution images. It can also follow a card shuffle performed by a professional gambler, subsequently recounting the entire new order of the deck.
- Star Finger (
流星指刺Sutā Fingā?, lit. "Meteor Finger Thorn"): Star Platinum can suddenly and forcefully extend his middle and index fingers to a length of one or two metres, in order for example to stab a faraway opponent. During its first execution, it seems able to lengthen its entire arm to an extent as well. This ability is similar to and could reference the limb-stretching applications of the Ripple.
- Time Stop: Discovered during Jotaro's climactic battle with Dio, like The World, Star Platinum is able to stop time, with an absolute limit of five seconds. Jotaro describes the execution of this ability as exhausting, and he requires a varying length of rest before he may freeze time again, unlike Dio, whose immortality allows him to stop time with much more ease. Out of disuse, the length of time Jotaro can maintain Time Stop is diminished to one to two seconds during Part 4. Measures of time during Time Stop correspond to normal measures, as shown by Jotaro's unwilling reduction in the duration of Time Stop affected by Made In Heaven.
Star Platinum: The WorldEdit
Achieved during or at some point before the events of Part IV, it is defined by its mastery of the Time Stop, which Jotaro can now execute consecutively within intervals of seconds, and push each time to his 5 second limit.
Star Platinum: The World's stats differ from those of Star Platinum; which in terms of Developmental Potential is likely intended to reflect Jotaro's level of experience. However, it gained a serious downgrade to its durability, making it far more vulnerable than it was before.
- Star Platinum has the most appearances among Stands in the series with a prominent position in Parts III, IV and VI. Star Platinum is followed in appearences in two Parts by Silver Chariot, Echoes, Hermit Purple, Tusk, Killer Queen and The World.
- According to JOJOVELLER, its appearance is based on a protective divinity; and its shoulder pads are reminiscent of Hokuto no Ken with a circular design representing infinity and the Ripple.
- Star Platinum has inspired a number of other characters who use either a version of his battle cry or dress in a similar way; for example Joe of the King of Fighters, who wears tall hair with a headband and punches rapidly while crying "Ora ora ora!".
- Star Platinum seems to also bear many design similarities to Kars; such as it's muscular appearance, loin cloth, knee high boots, and long hair.
- In the English dub of the Stardust Crusaders anime, Star Platinum is voiced not by Jotaro's voice actor, Matthew Mercer, but by Patrick Seitz, who also voices Dio Brando.
- In the original manga, Star Platinum early on is seen with a wide disconcerting smile. Later on, Star Platinum gains Jotaro's stoic visage, with any future smiles going to warn the person the smile is aimed at of great imminent pain.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Chapter 114: A Man Possessed
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Chapters 257-265: Dio's World Arc
- ↑ Battle with Geb
- ↑ Battle with Imposter Captain Tennille
|Part III: Stardust Crusaders Stands|
Star Platinum · Magician's Red · Hermit Purple · Hierophant Green · Silver Chariot · The Fool · Holy's Stand · Hermit Purple #2 · Tower of Gray · Dark Blue Moon · Strength · Ebony Devil · Yellow Temperance · Hanged Man · Emperor · Empress · Wheel of Fortune · Justice · Lovers · Sun · Death Thirteen · Judgement · High Priestess · Geb · Khnum · Tohth · Anubis · Bastet · Sethan · Osiris · Horus · Atum · Tenore Sax · Cream · The World
|Part IV: Diamond Is Unbreakable Stands|
|Crazy Diamond · The Hand · Echoes · Star Platinum · Hermit Purple · Heaven's Door · Aqua Necklace · Bad Company · Red Hot Chili Pepper · The Lock · Surface · Love Deluxe · Pearl Jam · Achtung Baby · Ratt · Harvest · Cinderella · Boy II Man · Earth Wind and Fire · Highway Star · Super Fly · Enigma · Cheap Trick · Atom Heart Father · Stray Cat · Killer Queen|
|Part VI: Stone Ocean Stands|
|Stone Free ·Star Platinum · Kiss · Burning Down the House · Foo Fighters · Weather Report · Diver Down · Goo Goo Dolls · Manhattan Transfer · Highway to Hell · Marilyn Manson · Jumpin' Jack Flash · Limp Bizkit · Survivor · Planet Waves · Dragon's Dream · Yo-Yo Ma · Green, Green Grass of Home · Jail House Lock · Bohemian Rhapsody · Sky High · Under World · Heavy Weather · Whitesnake · C-Moon · Made in Heaven|