The Requiem Plays Quietly (そいつの名はディアボロ Soitsu no Na wa Diaboro) is the twenty-third story arc in Vento Aureo.
When they wake up, the gang slowly realizes that their souls were switched between bodies. Narancia having switched with Giorno, and Mista with Trish. Polnareff switched his soul with Coco Jumbo and thus lives as a turtle. He reveals them the potential of the Arrow, a Stand pierced by it can upgrade itself into Requiem, gaining metaphysical powers above even Diavolo's time manipulation.
As they approach Chariot Requiem, they see Diavolo's body racing toward it, but it is Bucciarati who switched with Diavolo. Together, the gang tries to hurt Chariot Requiem and take the Arrow, but the task is made near impossible since their own Stands attack them when they get close to the Arrow.
Bruno's body also wakes up and the person residing inside his body is shot down by Mista. Almost immediately, time is erased once again and Narancia is killed, Giorno then retakes his original body. Polnareff theorizes that Diavolo suffered from dissociative personality, effectively causing two souls to inhabit one body, meaning Diavolo's whereabouts are now unknown. As the group exits the Coliseum, it is revealed that it was Doppio who was inside Bucciarati's body.
In the streets King Crimson discreetly sabotages, Mista's pistol having been destroyed, and the pursuit is made all the more urgent as everyone suffers a forced evolution.
- 133 (572). The Requiem Plays Quietly (1)
- 134 (573). The Requiem Plays Quietly (2)
- 135 (574). The Requiem Plays Quietly (3)
- 136 (575). The Requiem Plays Quietly (4)
- 137 (576). The Requiem Plays Quietly (5)
- 138 (577). The Requiem Plays Quietly (6)
- 139 (578). The Requiem Plays Quietly (7)
- 140 (579). The Requiem Plays Quietly (8)
- 16 (62). The Requiem Plays Quietly